Ububtu on a macbook.built in track pad and mouse don't work

Ububtu on a macbook.built in track pad and mouse don't work

ubuntu-users mailing list
Hello I am trying to install the latest ubuntu on a macbook.I am doing
the install via usb. When I get to the screen that asks for my location
my macbook trackpad does not work and my built in keyboard does not
work. The macbook has a usb-c port for external devices.

     I have had a similar problem getting ubuntu to work on a mac
desktop. The mac keyboard and mouse did not work. I used a usb IBM
keyboard and mouse and that solved my problem. Not sure what to do with
the macbook..I can get into the grub minimal bash line at startup. I do
not have a usb-c multiport adapter I wias thinking perhaps not having
the keboard and mouse plugged in may not allow the devices to be
recognized. Or do I need to issue a command in startup minimal bash to
solve the problem. Any ideas would be apreciatied.

Re: Ububtu on a macbook.built in track pad and mouse don't work

Liam Proven
On Sat, 29 Jun 2019 at 01:51, M.R.P. via ubuntu-users
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello I am trying to install the latest ubuntu on a macbook.I am doing
> the install via usb. When I get to the screen that asks for my location
> my macbook trackpad does not work and my built in keyboard does not
> work. The macbook has a usb-c port for external devices.
>
>      I have had a similar problem getting ubuntu to work on a mac
> desktop. The mac keyboard and mouse did not work. I used a usb IBM
> keyboard and mouse and that solved my problem. Not sure what to do with
> the macbook..I can get into the grub minimal bash line at startup. I do
> not have a usb-c multiport adapter I wias thinking perhaps not having
> the keboard and mouse plugged in may not allow the devices to be
> recognized. Or do I need to issue a command in startup minimal bash to
> solve the problem. Any ideas would be apreciatied.

Cable a plain old USB 2 hub to the machine with a USB C to USB A
cable; attach keyboard and mouse to that?