Ubuntu 18.04 and wine

Jatin khatri
Dear All,

how to get wine running on Ubuntu 18.04 64bit ? unfortunately I'm not
able to get it working on Ubuntu ( it installs without issue but unable
to run any "exe" using command wine nameofexe.exe )

thanks

Re: Ubuntu 18.04 and wine

Colin Law
On 10 July 2018 at 14:21, Jatin khatri <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear All,

how to get wine running on Ubuntu 18.04 64bit ? unfortunately I'm not able to get it working on Ubuntu ( it installs without issue but unable to run any "exe" using command wine nameofexe.exe )

I think it is more likely that you will get help if you show the result of trying to run a particular exe.  Copy/Paste the result here.

How did you install wine?

Colin

Re: Ubuntu 18.04 and wine

Jatin khatri
On Tuesday 10 July 2018 08:27 PM, Colin Law wrote:
On 10 July 2018 at 14:21, Jatin khatri <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear All,

how to get wine running on Ubuntu 18.04 64bit ? unfortunately I'm not able to get it working on Ubuntu ( it installs without issue but unable to run any "exe" using command wine nameofexe.exe )

I think it is more likely that you will get help if you show the result of trying to run a particular exe.  Copy/Paste the result here.

How did you install wine?

Colin

Error

###############

 wine Windows-exes/ammyy/a3.6.exe
0176:fixme:kerberos:kerberos_SpInstanceInit 65536,0x7e2743a0,(nil): stub
0176:fixme:process:SetProcessShutdownParameters (00000100, 00000000): partial stub.
0176:fixme:ntdll:NtQueryInformationToken QueryInformationToken( ..., TokenElevation, ...) semi-stub

Re: Ubuntu 18.04 and wine

Colin Law
On 10 July 2018 at 16:02, Jatin khatri <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

###########################

is a3.6.exe an installer?  I have never heard of that application.  If yes then try going into the directory first.

Also have you run winecfg?

Colin

Re: Ubuntu 18.04 and wine

On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 at 15:23, Jatin khatri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
>  unable
> to run any "exe" using command wine nameofexe.exe

What have you tried?

Does Notepad work?

Re: Ubuntu 18.04 and wine

Liam Proven
On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 at 17:30, Jatin khatri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >>   unable
> >> to run any "exe" using command wine nameofexe.exe
> > What have you tried?
> >
> > Does Notepad work?
>
> I've tried
>
> wine wordpad.exe
>
> it works

I am guessing that this was meant to be on-list.

Then it sounds like you've confirmed that WINE itself works.

So your next step is troubleshooting why this particular app doesn't.

Is it known to work with WINE?

Re: Ubuntu 18.04 and wine

Jatin khatri
On Tuesday 10 July 2018 09:26 PM, Liam Proven wrote:

>>> What have you tried?
>>>
>>> Does Notepad work?
>> I've tried
>>
>> wine wordpad.exe
>>
>> it works
> I am guessing that this was meant to be on-list.
>
> Then it sounds like you've confirmed that WINE itself works.
>
> So your next step is troubleshooting why this particular app doesn't.
yes

> Is it known to work with WINE?

yes I've used it with previous version of Ubuntu and Mint as well

Re: Ubuntu 18.04 and wine

Liam Proven
On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 at 15:24, Jatin khatri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Is it known to work with WINE?
>
> yes I've used it with previous version of Ubuntu and Mint as well

Hmm. Is it this?

http://ammyy.com

There is a Linux version, I can see that. It might be worth asking them.

If you just need remote-control software, I have successfully used
Teamviewer on Linux before now.

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/linux/

You won't be able to let someone else remote-control Linux using a
Windows client app under WINE, you know that, right?

There's also a small possibility that the double period in the
filename is confusing it. Try renaming it to "ammyy36.exe" or
something like that, with no spaces or other punctation, and try
again.

Re: Ubuntu 18.04 and wine

Jatin khatri
On Wednesday 11 July 2018 07:21 PM, Liam Proven wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 at 15:24, Jatin khatri <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Is it known to work with WINE?
>> yes I've used it with previous version of Ubuntu and Mint as well
> Hmm. Is it this?
>
> http://ammyy.com

yes

> There is a Linux version, I can see that. It might be worth asking them.

i cant see that ...can you please provide the link ?

> If you just need remote-control software, I have successfully used
> Teamviewer on Linux before now.
>
> https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/linux/

i dont wanna use TW... as its price is high ( i'm using it professionally )

its free for ( home users not for professionals like Us/Me

> You won't be able to let someone else remote-control Linux using a
> Windows client app under WINE, you know that, right?

yes ( I just wanna connect windows PCs from linux

> There's also a small possibility that the double period in the
> filename is confusing it. Try renaming it to "ammyy36.exe" or
> something like that, with no spaces or other punctation, and try
> again.

that I need to check,  I've renamed the original EXE to something easy
and small name for typing

Re: Ubuntu 18.04 and wine

Vidmantas Rinkevičius

Hi, you could try Anydesk. We used in production sites. It has free and paid versions. Supports all platforms. We use it on linux workstations.

On Wednesday 11 July 2018 07:21 PM, Liam Proven wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 at 15:24, Jatin khatri <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Is it known to work with WINE?
>> yes I've used it with previous version of Ubuntu and Mint as well
> Hmm. Is it this?
>
> http://ammyy.com

yes

On Wednesday 11 July 2018 11:57 PM, Vidmantas Rinkevičius wrote:

Hi, you could try Anydesk. We used in production sites. It has free and paid versions. Supports all platforms. We use it on linux workstations.

yes I'm using it ...it works fine ...but some of our clients are having AmmyAdmin, so its compulsory for us to provide support through Ammy :-(

BTW, I'm returning back to the old version of Ubuntu .....

Thank you list and everybody for your kind support

take care

Thanks

On Wednesday 11 July 2018 07:21 PM, Liam Proven wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 at 15:24, Jatin khatri [hidden email] wrote:
>>> Is it known to work with WINE?
>> yes I've used it with previous version of Ubuntu and Mint as well
> Hmm. Is it this?
>
> http://ammyy.com

yes