Ubuntu 19.10 release Get Together

Alan Pope-2

Hi all,

Tomorrow is Ubuntu 19.10 release day, our 15th release so far. As is customary we’ve found a small London pub in which to celebrate. If you’re in the area of SE1 from 6pm, why not drop by and help us celebrate the Eoan Ermine :)

The first few people will get a little ‘party bag’ of Ubuntu swag (and possibly a beer) :) Maybe see you there?

Find out more at https://gettogether.community/events/2565/ubuntu-1910-release-party/

Thanks,

popey

Re: Ubuntu 19.10 release Get Together

Liam Proven
On Wed, 16 Oct 2019 at 16:37, Alan Pope <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> Tomorrow is Ubuntu 19.10 release day, our 15th release so far. As is customary we’ve found a small London pub in which to celebrate. If you’re in the area of SE1 from 6pm, why not drop by and help us celebrate the Eoan Ermine :)
>

> The first few people will get a little ‘party bag’ of Ubuntu swag (and possibly a beer) :) Maybe see you there?

I do miss those gatherings, they were good fun.

I strongly recommend anyone reading this who is in easy reach of
London to go along.

I am in Prague these days, so I can't. :-( I don't know of a Prague
release party, but then, I don't really speak Czech yet... I've only
been learning for 5 years.

Re: Ubuntu 19.10 release Get Together

Iain Cuthbertson

London is way out of the way!

Secondary release party in Manchester this weekend? ;)

Hope the release goes smoothly as 19.04 did, and you enjoy your beers in London.

Iain

On 16/10/2019 15:36, Alan Pope wrote:

Hi all,

Tomorrow is Ubuntu 19.10 release day, our 15th release so far. As is customary we’ve found a small London pub in which to celebrate. If you’re in the area of SE1 from 6pm, why not drop by and help us celebrate the Eoan Ermine :)

The first few people will get a little ‘party bag’ of Ubuntu swag (and possibly a beer) :) Maybe see you there?

Find out more at https://gettogether.community/events/2565/ubuntu-1910-release-party/

Thanks,

popey

Re: Ubuntu 19.10 release Get Together

Alan Lord (News)
Gosh - Not been to one of these for *YEARS*

Am unlikely to make it but I will try if I can.

Al

On Wed, 16 Oct 2019 at 15:36, Alan Pope <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

Tomorrow is Ubuntu 19.10 release day, our 15th release so far.

Duh, 15 years, 30 releases.

Re: Ubuntu 19.10 release Get Together

Mark Lawrence
On 16/10/2019 16:02, Iain Cuthbertson wrote:
> London is way out of the way!
>
> Secondary release party in Manchester this weekend? ;)
>
> Hope the release goes smoothly as 19.04 did, and you enjoy your beers in
> London.
>
> Iain

Why shouldn't this be held in Mudeford as we have the most expensive
beach huts in the country
https://www.homesandproperty.co.uk/property-news/buying/dorset-beach-hut-on-sale-for-record-300k-but-it-has-no-toilet-or-electricity-a119216.html
clearly indicating that we must be more important? :)

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence

Re: Ubuntu 19.10 release Get Together

James Thomas -2
I was on holiday. Shame. I used to really enjoy these events! :)

I wonder whether holding other events are in order?
Like the Science museum one or the Real Ale Train et al...

Be good to reconnect with peeps. :)

Cheers

JT