Ubuntu 5.10

Gabriel Popescu

Hi all.

I have just a small question: some times ago I requested some original
bulks with Ubuntu 5.10; after some times I requested some more bulks.

Installing Ubuntu with the first bulk set, the installation was done
with mysql database and ruby language.
Using the second bulk set, instead of mysql I found postgres, moreover
ruby was missing.

Is there any reason for? Why mysql was replaced with postgres?

Regards,
Gabriel

Re: Ubuntu 5.10

Ivan Krstić-3
Gabriel Popescu wrote:
> Installing Ubuntu with the first bulk set, the installation was done
> with mysql database and ruby language.

Neither of these packages are installed by default, and both are
available to be installed from the archive. Can you clarify your question?

--
Ivan Krstic <[hidden email]> | GPG: 0x147C722D

Re: Ubuntu 5.10

Gabriel Popescu

After installation, I used System->Administration->Add Application to
see the available packages on the installation CD.

Using the first set, only mysql was available and there was ruby too;
using the second set, postgres was available and ruby was missing.