Ubuntu 8.04 wi-fi problems

Andrey Zhidenkov-2
I'm using Ubuntu 8.04 and ipw2200 drivers for my wi-fi device (Intel
2915ABG). I've recompiled ipw2200 module, but it doesn't worked with my
kernel (2.6.27-11). When I recover ipw2200.ko and ieee80211.ko from
backup my network device doesn't works properly.

It scan networks, but when I'm trying to connect, it couldn't. I suppose
that the matter is in ieee80211_crypt module, but I'm not sure.

Can somebody explain me, in what logs can I find an information about
wi-fi connection process. I've looked at /var/log/messages, but didn't
find any useful information.

Thank you.