Ubuntu Hardware database

Andrey Ponomarenko
Hi,

Good news for everyone interested in Linux-compatibility and reliability of hardware!

The Linux-Hardware.org database has been divided into a set of databases, one per each Linux distro. You can now select your favorite distro on the front page:

https://linux-hardware.org/?d=Ubuntu

In this mode you'll not see data collected from other Linux distros.

One can submit computer hardware info to the database by:

1) https://snapcraft.io/hw-probe (limited functionality due to strict confinement)
2) https://github.com/linuxhw/hw-probe#appimage

Enjoy!

Re: Ubuntu Hardware database

Christopher Patti
Thank you for this. Very cool.

I wish I could tell it that some devices are in fact working - like my nvme SSD drives on which my current LInux is running :)

However seeing all my devices and chipsets enumerated is pretty neat :)

-Chris

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018, at 3:33 AM, Andrey Ponomarenko wrote:
Hi,

Good news for everyone interested in Linux-compatibility and reliability of hardware!

The Linux-Hardware.org database has been divided into a set of databases, one per each Linux distro. You can now select your favorite distro on the front page:

In this mode you'll not see data collected from other Linux distros.

One can submit computer hardware info to the database by:

1) https://snapcraft.io/hw-probe (limited functionality due to strict confinement)

Enjoy!

Re: Ubuntu Hardware database

Andrey Ponomarenko
This feature is already in the TODO list and called "Probe Review".  In Probe Review mode you'll be able to modify auto-detected statuses for devices and write comments w/o the need to register (manually reviewed by the admin + intelligent spam protection). As usual all contributions will be dumped to a new github repository: https://github.com/linuxhw

Hope next version of smartmontools will help us to detect failure status of nvme drives automatically)

Thank you!