Ubuntu Serverguide 20.04 - chat agent

Doug Smythies
Hi,

Some sort of chat agent has appeared on the
new discource Ubuntu serverguide 20.04 web pages.

Sometimes someone appears to be present,
other times is says "leave a message".

My question is why is it there at all?
Can it be eliminated?

... Doug

Re: Ubuntu Serverguide 20.04 - chat agent

Tim McNamara
This isn't actually a bot. There are real people sitting behind it. It's
part of our desire to be helpful across ubuntu.com to be responsive when
people need help.

I am happy to raise this though. Could you please clarify the problem? Was
the widget intrusive? Would toggling it off help?

On 2020.04.13 11:52 Tim McNamara wrote:

> This isn't actually a bot. There are real people sitting behind it.

Yes, I am aware.

> It's part of our desire to be helpful across ubuntu.com to be responsive when people need help.
> I am happy to raise this though. Could you please clarify the problem?
> Was the widget intrusive?

It was simply beyond my comprehension that there would be a chat agent
associated with the Ubuntu Server guide. So, I did think something was wrong
when one appeared.

Myself, I do not equate consulting the official reference manual with needing help.

> Would toggling it off help?

It already got turned off, so this no longer matters.
(I would want it off.)

On 2020.04.13 09:38 Joshua Powers wrote:

> This is now removed from the server docs.

Well, it seems to have been turned on again.

On 2020.07.24 Doug wrote:
> On 2020.04.13 09:38 Joshua Powers wrote:
>
>> This is now removed from the server docs.
>
> Well, it seems to have been turned on again.

Does anyone know how to turn off and disable
forever the chat agent?

I have had various pages of the 20.04 severguide open
over the last few days, and it has got to be
just the most annoying thing ever.