Ubuntu User FAQ Update WAS Re: Machine check exception, but what kind?

Ubuntu User FAQ Update WAS Re: Machine check exception, but what kind?

Jared Norris
On 23 April 2017 at 21:36, Ralf Mardorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

PS: Joking apart, is anybody able to login the Wiki/Ubuntu One? For me
it doesn't work. I want to correct the FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuUsersListFAQ#FAQ5 , since
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.user is a dead link . I want
to replace the Gmane link, with a link to Nabble. I joined the
documentation team, so I've got permission to edit the Wiki, but login
in doesn't work anymore, it doesn't finish, it's waiting and waiting
and waiting.

[1]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2017-April/290114.html
http://ubuntu.5.x6.nabble.com/ubuntu-users-f1215774.html

Hi Ralf,

I've updated the links on the page. I meant to look into that a while ago when I heard Gmane was down but then I heard it was back up. Unfortunately I assumed that meant it was all okay and never went back to check.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Regards,

Jared Norris

Re: Ubuntu User FAQ Update WAS Re: Machine check exception, but what kind?

Ralf Mardorf-2
On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 17:46:09 +1000, Jared Norris wrote:
>Hi Ralf,
>
>I've updated the links on the page. I meant to look into that a while
>ago when I heard Gmane was down but then I heard it was back up.
>Unfortunately I assumed that meant it was all okay and never went back
>to check.
>
>Thanks for pointing that out.

Thank you,

now I can log in again, too. I reformatted the links and made a few
additional trivial edits at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuUsersListFAQ .

I guess I found two other pages pointing at Gmane, but I only have one
link at
hand, https://community.ubuntu.com/contribute/support/mailinglists/ and
no time to search who needs to be informed about this.

Regards,
Ralf