Ubuntu base language-pack refresh for 18.04.1

Ubuntu base language-pack refresh for 18.04.1

Lukasz Zemczak
Hello everyone,

For the first upcoming point-release for bionic we have decided to do
a full base language-pack refresh for all languages. We already did a
similar thing for xenial 16.04.1 so it's not anything completely new
and unusual, but it's worth noting as the usual steps for upgrading
translations in point-releases is a different.

What this means is that, if no regressions are reported for the newly
uploaded language-pack-* packages for a given language, those will be
released into -updates regardless of how well they were actually
tested. This carries some risk of course, but the number of languages
submitting test results for regular translation updates is usually
quite low so most just end up being outdated. We're still early in the
cycle for bionic so the risk of regressing is quite low.

That being said, please try giving the new language-pack-* packages
for your language from bionic-proposed a spin to check if there are
any obvious visible regressions. We will let them age a bit before
proceeding further, but seeing that 18.04.1 is nearing close we might
have to act fast.

Ɓukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak
 Foundations Team
 [hidden email]