Ubuntu.ca artwork

Brian Burger
Here's a couple of things for Ubuntu.ca, from my current fiddling with
Scribus and Inkscape...

http://www.warbard.ca/temp/Ubuntu_Canada_strap.svg
http://www.warbard.ca/temp/Ubuntu_Canada.png
http://www.warbard.ca/temp/Ubuntu_Canada.svg

The 2nd & 3rd are different formats of the same thing - the Ubuntu.ca
logo - the Ubuntu circle with a maple leaf in the middle; the 1st has
the Ubuntu.ca logo and the text "Ubuntu Canada".

I'm releasing these under CC-BY-SA - so use them however you want, but
share the results. If someone wants to add them to the ubuntu.ca wiki,
please go ahead - I haven't signed up there yet myself.

Brian.

Re: Ubuntu.ca artwork

Jeff Bailey-5
On dim, 2005-11-20 at 23:42 -0800, Brian Burger wrote:
Here's a couple of things for Ubuntu.ca, from my current fiddling with
Scribus and Inkscape...

http://www.warbard.ca/temp/Ubuntu_Canada_strap.svg
http://www.warbard.ca/temp/Ubuntu_Canada.png
http://www.warbard.ca/temp/Ubuntu_Canada.svg

The 2nd & 3rd are different formats of the same thing - the Ubuntu.ca
logo - the Ubuntu circle with a maple leaf in the middle; the 1st has
the Ubuntu.ca logo and the text "Ubuntu Canada".

I'm releasing these under CC-BY-SA - so use them however you want, but
share the results. If someone wants to add them to the ubuntu.ca wiki,
please go ahead - I haven't signed up there yet myself.

Brian.

Heya!  The logo is covered by trademark and has a usage policy: http://www.ubuntulinux.org/ubuntu/TrademarkPolicy

Before going too much further with this, I'd suggest emailing [hidden email] to make sure that there won't be too much trouble with changing the Ubuntu logos.

Aside from that, I like them. =)

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

Re: Ubuntu.ca artwork

Brian Burger
On 11/21/05, Jeff Bailey <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Heya!  The logo is covered by trademark and has a usage policy:
> http://www.ubuntulinux.org/ubuntu/TrademarkPolicy
>
>  Before going too much further with this, I'd suggest emailing
> [hidden email] to make sure that there won't be too much trouble with
> changing the Ubuntu logos.

Email sent - thanks for the reminder, Jeff. That particular directory
of my domain is off-limits to search engines thanks to robots.txt, so
they're fairly secure (only "fairly", I know...) until I get the OK to
release them.

>  Aside from that, I like them. =)

Thanks! The maple leaf came from the OpenClipart project, the rest is
just fiddling in Inkscape - just a small project so I can get to know
Inkscape better...

Brian.