Ubuntu in Cebu

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ubuntu in Cebu

Jerome Gotangco-2
Hi all,

I'll be spending some time in Cebu next week, from Monday (Dec. 17)
till Wednesday (Dec. 19). I was wondering if the Ubuntu enthusiasts in
the Queen city of the South would be interested in a quick
get-together for some chit-chat? I could arrange for a place.

Since I see myself visiting Cebu more often, I'd love to get the
chance to meet fellow F/OSS enthusiasts and professionals there.

--
Jerome

--
ubuntu-ph mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-ph
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ubuntu in Cebu

ven pantinople
Hi Jerome,

I'm interested. Please set the time of the meet after
office hours though if its possible.

Best regards and a safe flight here.

Ven


      ____________________________________________________________________________________
Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try it now.  http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ 


--
ubuntu-ph mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-ph
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ubuntu in Cebu

Jerome Gotangco-2
On Dec 16, 2007 3:01 AM, ven pantinople <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm interested. Please set the time of the meet after
> office hours though if its possible.

I'm looking at Dec. 18 after office hours at any of the places at the
Asiatown IT Park at Apas or nearby Ayala mall. Since my office is at
the i1 building, I can easily arrange a place and get some pizza or
whatever food is outside. If there are people there interested, please
send me an email tomorrow so I can arrange the place. If I get more
than 10 confirmed going we'll have to raid a pizza place or a coffee
shop :)

--
Jerome

--
ubuntu-ph mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-ph
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ubuntu in Cebu

ven pantinople
hi,

Dec. 18 after office hours is fine with me. I'm
working at Talamban, with the traffic and everything
else, around 6:30 p.m. is even better.

best regards,

ven


      ____________________________________________________________________________________
Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try it now.  http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ 


--
ubuntu-ph mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-ph
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ubuntu in Cebu

Jerome Gotangco-2
So far only 4 people signified interest for a meetup, I don't mind at
all, better than none :)

I suggest we meet up at the i1 building of the Asiatown IT Park in
Apas around 6:30 onwards, then we can decide as a group where to go.
In case anyone is still interested, please send me a text message at
09196555242.

NOTE: I have nothing to give btw, no CDs  (its with Zak) or shirts,
but at least we can start planning for a bigger and more arranged
meetup in January onwards, since me and Zak will be back in Cebu for
some work.

--
Jerome

--
ubuntu-ph mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-ph
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ubuntu in Cebu

Allan E. Registos
In reply to this post by Jerome Gotangco-2
I love somebody would arrange the same Ubuntu chit-chat here in Davao City.


Jerome Gotangco wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'll be spending some time in Cebu next week, from Monday (Dec. 17)
> till Wednesday (Dec. 19). I was wondering if the Ubuntu enthusiasts in
> the Queen city of the South would be interested in a quick
> get-together for some chit-chat? I could arrange for a place.
>
> Since I see myself visiting Cebu more often, I'd love to get the
> chance to meet fellow F/OSS enthusiasts and professionals there.
>
>  

--
ubuntu-ph mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-ph

smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ubuntu in Cebu

Erwin Olario-2
I had a nice, pleasant chat with Dominique Cimafranca about Ubuntu + Linux + IT + etcetera. I was sitting in a cafe, enjoying the coffee and the free WiFi when somebody came over and asked me if I was really using Ubuntu. He saw the Ubuntu sticker on my lappie.

He introduced himself as Dominique and I asked him if his last name is Cimafranca. And he was surprised that I (kinda) read his blog.

Lesson of the story: proudly post an Ubuntu sticker on your lappie (car, bike, whatever).

On Dec 19, 2007 1:26 AM, Allan E. Registos <[hidden email]> wrote:
I love somebody would arrange the same Ubuntu chit-chat here in Davao City.


Jerome Gotangco wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'll be spending some time in Cebu next week, from Monday (Dec. 17)
> till Wednesday (Dec. 19). I was wondering if the Ubuntu enthusiasts in
> the Queen city of the South would be interested in a quick
> get-together for some chit-chat? I could arrange for a place.
>
> Since I see myself visiting Cebu more often, I'd love to get the
> chance to meet fellow F/OSS enthusiasts and professionals there.
>
>

--
ubuntu-ph mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-ph



--
ubuntu-ph mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-ph