Ubuntu kabyle team no longer active

Slimane Selyan Amiri

Hello,

I am one of the members of the team that translated Linux mint into kabyle.
We have completed the translation of LinuxMint in the Kabyle, and we want to start the translation of Ubuntu,
Please we would activate the Ubuntu translation and also activate the kabyle Ubuntu team.
Thank you.

Re: Ubuntu kabyle team no longer active

Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Hi Slimane!

On 2018-12-15 19:41, Slimane Selyan Amiri wrote:
> I am one of the members of the team that translated Linux mint into
> kabyle. We have completed the translation of LinuxMint in the Kabyle,
> and we want to start the translation of Ubuntu,

That sounds great!

> Please we would activate the Ubuntu translation and also activate the
> kabyle Ubuntu team. Thank you.

Neither of them has been deactivated in a technical sense. You are a
member of the Ubuntu Kabyle Translators team, so you have the access to
provide Kabyle translations for Ubuntu.

There are no Kabyle language packs yet, though. The reason for that is
simply that there are not enough Kabyle translations yet to motivate the
creation of those language packs. Once there are (approx. 5% coverage)
they will be created.

Please note, though, that the bulk of the translations of the Ubuntu
desktop happens upstream. So for GNOME packages, for instance, you
should at first hand do the translation work at
<https://l10n.gnome.org/> etc. The Launchpad interface is for
supplementary translations and for Ubuntu specific packages.

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask again.

Good luck!

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj