Ubuntu-karmic and aufs on live-cd.

Bugzilla from greearb@candelatech.com
Hello!

I'm trying to follow this page to build a patched version
of the ubuntu-karmic tree.
http://blog.avirtualhome.com/2008/10/28/how-to-compile-a-custom-kernel-for-ubuntu-intrepid-using-git/

Things seem to go OK, but when I try to boot the live CD, I see
an error in the logs about aufs.  I see aufs configured in 'make menuconfig'
as a module, but ubuntu/aufs/ doesn't actually seem to be compiled.
I'm using Ubuntu 8.10 as a base for all of this.  Any ideas on this?

A second question:

I notice that I can never do a 'git pull' and have it merge into a previously
cloned ubuntu-karmic tree cleanly.  Is the tree in too much flux for this
to work, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <[hidden email]>
Candela Technologies Inc  http://www.candelatech.com

Re: Ubuntu-karmic and aufs on live-cd.

Tim Gardner-2
Ben Greear wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm trying to follow this page to build a patched version
> of the ubuntu-karmic tree.
> http://blog.avirtualhome.com/2008/10/28/how-to-compile-a-custom-kernel-for-ubuntu-intrepid-using-git/
>
> Things seem to go OK, but when I try to boot the live CD, I see
> an error in the logs about aufs.  I see aufs configured in 'make menuconfig'
> as a module, but ubuntu/aufs/ doesn't actually seem to be compiled.
> I'm using Ubuntu 8.10 as a base for all of this.  Any ideas on this?
>

> A second question:
>
> I notice that I can never do a 'git pull' and have it merge into a previously
> cloned ubuntu-karmic tree cleanly.  Is the tree in too much flux for this
> to work, or am I doing something wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> Ben

aufs is specifically disabled on Karmic for the time being.

Assuming you have no local changes, you can update during the
development phase using:

rm -rf .dotest
git checkout -f
git fetch -f origin