Unable to Upgrade

Irene Zimmermann
Wish to upgrade from 5.04 to 5.10.
Burned an ISO but when attempting apt-get dist-upgrade the following
errors are generated:

The cd will boot at startup.

Is there a way to upgrade directly from the CD 'ala Redhat?

Help please.

Irene

Re: Unable to Upgrade

Marek Pawinski
Irene Zimmermann wrote:

> Wish to upgrade from 5.04 to 5.10.
> Burned an ISO but when attempting apt-get dist-upgrade the following
> errors are generated:
>
> The cd will boot at startup.
>
> Is there a way to upgrade directly from the CD 'ala Redhat?
>
> Help please.
>
> Irene

AFAIL no, boot into 5.04 then run "apt-cdrom add" then run "apt-get
dist-upgrade"

Re: Unable to Upgrade

Norman Silverstone-2
On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 10:46 -0500, Irene Zimmermann wrote:
> Wish to upgrade from 5.04 to 5.10.
> Burned an ISO but when attempting apt-get dist-upgrade the following
> errors are generated:

I believe all the necessary instructions are available on the Ubuntu web
site.

Norman

Re: Unable to Upgrade

Lee Braiden-2
On Thursday 10 November 2005 16:20, 'Forum Post, '@wailuku.xlogicgroup.com
wrote:
> Yes you can perfom the upgrade using the CD, it will prevent you 1h of
> download if you have already it

Yes, but we should really point out that downloading a CD in order to upgrade
the specific software installed on your system is a bit backwards.  APT will
*easily* handle upgrading everything on your system to the new versions
online, and it's exactly the same system that will be used if you use a CD.
The only difference is, you download less.

--
Lee Braiden
http://www.DigitalUnleashed.com