Uncompressed and gzip compressed Translation indices on archive

Uncompressed and gzip compressed Translation indices on archive

Julian Andres Klode
Hi folks,

I just noticed we are shipping uncompressed and gzip-compressed
Translation indices in the archive. This seems a bit wasteful, is
there a reason for that, or could we drop them?

Also, do we need Sources.gz? We probably do need Packages.gz for
a lot of stupid tools, but I'd be surprised if Sources.gz is as
problematic.

Thanks,
Julian
ubuntu core developer                              i speak de, en