Unexplained Probe Failure?

Kevin Stange
Hi,

We got an alert from launchpad that our mirror failed its check:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+mirror/mirror.steadfast.net-release

This is the log file referred to by the email:

http://launchpadlibrarian.net/464354768/mirror.steadfast.net-release-probe-logfile.txt

How can I tell what is wrong to fix this issue?  The log contains no
errors and says everything was found successfully.

I also attempted to run a sync and there were no changes or errors
(using rsync://us.rsync.releases.ubuntu.com/releases/)

--
Kevin Stange
Chief Technology Officer

Re: Unexplained Probe Failure?

Kevin Stange
On 2/10/20 12:46 PM, Kevin Stange wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We got an alert from launchpad that our mirror failed its check:
>
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+mirror/mirror.steadfast.net-release
>
> This is the log file referred to by the email:
>
> http://launchpadlibrarian.net/464354768/mirror.steadfast.net-release-probe-logfile.txt

Now that I'm looking at this directly on the mirror, disco is
conspicuously missing from the list of confirmed releases, and in fact
not available on my mirror:

http://mirror.steadfast.net/ubuntu-releases/disco/

> I also attempted to run a sync and there were no changes or errors
> (using rsync://us.rsync.releases.ubuntu.com/releases/)

Upon further experimentation, I seem to have about a 50% chance of
finding an rsync host from upstream that contains disco.

Based on .trace files:

 releases-pyracantha  => includes disco
 releases-jogah       => has no disco

I don't have an exhaustive host list to check, but clearly something is
wrong in the pool.