Upcoming transitions

Robie Basak-4
I'm planning to start transitions for PHP and MySQL soon, with the first
uploads in the next day or two. If it would be better to wait, please
let me know.

I'll detail the plan with PHP in a reply to Jeremy's email as soon as
we've confirmed it'll work.

Thanks,

Robie

Re: Upcoming transitions

Matthias Klose-6
On 04.12.18 18:41, Robie Basak wrote:
> I'm planning to start transitions for PHP and MySQL soon, with the first
> uploads in the next day or two. If it would be better to wait, please
> let me know.
>
> I'll detail the plan with PHP in a reply to Jeremy's email as soon as
> we've confirmed it'll work.

please coordinate with the desktop team and the poppler transition which is
still in progress, started 12 days ago.

Matthias

Re: Upcoming transitions

Sebastien Bacher
Hey Matthias,

Le 05/12/2018 à 08:03, Matthias Klose a écrit :
> please coordinate with the desktop team and the poppler transition which is
> still in progress, started 12 days ago.

What sort of coordination are you looking after? Or did you mean "please
wait for the poppler transition to be finished"?
It's currently down to xpdf and libreoffice which are actively working
on/hopefully going to be sorted out today.

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher

Re: Upcoming transitions

Steve Langasek-6
On Wed, Dec 05, 2018 at 10:36:08AM +0100, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> Hey Matthias,

> Le 05/12/2018 à 08:03, Matthias Klose a écrit :
> > please coordinate with the desktop team and the poppler transition which is
> > still in progress, started 12 days ago.

> What sort of coordination are you looking after? Or did you mean "please
> wait for the poppler transition to be finished"?
> It's currently down to xpdf and libreoffice which are actively working
> on/hopefully going to be sorted out today.

Before starting a new transition, they should look at the overlap between
reverse-dependencies of mysql, php that will need rebuilt for the
transition, and packages that are currently in -proposed waiting to migrate
as part of the poppler transition.

We wouldn't want new no-change rebuild uploads of packages that depend on
poppler causing the two transitions to be entangled, preventing poppler from
migrating to the release until mysql,php are also ready to migrate.

Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/

Re: Upcoming transitions

Sebastien Bacher
Hey Steve,

Le 05/12/2018 à 11:14, Steve Langasek a écrit :
> Before starting a new transition, they should look at the overlap between
> reverse-dependencies of mysql, php that will need rebuilt for the
> transition, and packages that are currently in -proposed waiting to migrate
> as part of the poppler transition.
>
> We wouldn't want new no-change rebuild uploads of packages that depend on
> poppler causing the two transitions to be entangled, preventing poppler from
> migrating to the release until mysql,php are also ready to migrate.

Right, that makes sense. I'm unsure there is much to "coordinate between
teams" though, it's more up to whoever wants to start a new transition
to check the state of things and if their uploads are going to be
disruptive to some ongoing transition.

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher