Updated 17.10 RC ISOs now available

Rik Mills-2
Following on from yesterday's 1st spin of the 17.10 RC images by the
ubuntu release team, today the RC images (marked Artful Final on the QA
tracker) have been re-spun and updated.

Please update your ISOs if you downloaded previous images, and test as
before.

Please help us by testing as much as you have time for. Remember, in
particular we need i386 testers, on "bare metal" rather than VMs if
possible.

Builds are available from:

http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/383/builds

the CD image to left of the ISO names being a link to take you to
download urls/options.

Please spread that on whatever social media you use.

Take note of the Ubuntu Community ISO testing party on Monday:

https://community.ubuntu.com/t/ubuntu-17-10-community-iso-testing/458

Please attend and participate if you are able. The #ubuntu-on-air IRC
channel on irc.freenode.net  can be joined via a web client found
beneath the live stream on ubuntuonair.com, or of course you can join in
a normal IRC client.

Happy testing,

Rik Mills

Kubuntu Developer
Kubuntu Release team

Re: Updated 17.10 RC ISOs now available

Valorie Zimmerman
Hello folks -- please try some testing. If you already have the .1
version you have an up-to-date ISO RC image; if not, zsync it.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ZsyncCdImage

Please report all the bugs you find and link them to your report on
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/383/builds

Thanks!

Valorie

PS: i386 users -- please, please, please test! -v

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 5:09 AM, Rik Mills <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Following on from yesterday's 1st spin of the 17.10 RC images by the
> ubuntu release team, today the RC images (marked Artful Final on the QA
> tracker) have been re-spun and updated.
>
> Please update your ISOs if you downloaded previous images, and test as
> before.
>
> Please help us by testing as much as you have time for. Remember, in
> particular we need i386 testers, on "bare metal" rather than VMs if
> possible.
>
> Builds are available from:
>
> http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/383/builds
>
> the CD image to left of the ISO names being a link to take you to
> download urls/options.
>
> Please spread that on whatever social media you use.
>
> Take note of the Ubuntu Community ISO testing party on Monday:
>
> https://community.ubuntu.com/t/ubuntu-17-10-community-iso-testing/458
>
> Please attend and participate if you are able. The #ubuntu-on-air IRC
> channel on irc.freenode.net  can be joined via a web client found
> beneath the live stream on ubuntuonair.com, or of course you can join in
> a normal IRC client.
>
> Happy testing,
>
> Rik Mills
>
> Kubuntu Developer
> Kubuntu Release team

http://about.me/valoriez

Re: Updated 17.10 RC ISOs now available

Franklin Weng
Still need to test i386 version?  Didn't Canonical drop i386 in 17.10?

--
Sent from my phone

2017年10月19日 06:33,"Valorie Zimmerman" <[hidden email]>寫道:

http://about.me/valoriez

Re: Updated 17.10 RC ISOs now available

Valorie Zimmerman
At this point, we are at  4 of 6 for amd64, and 3 of 6 for i386. Now a
new testcase has been added for upgrades from a previous version for
all flavors including us.

Please test SOON -- release is in perhaps 12 or so hours away. More
test coverage is important to give the Release team the confidence to
mark the images as Ready.

Thanks!

--
http://about.me/valoriez

Re: Updated 17.10 RC ISOs now available

Valorie Zimmerman
Franklin asks,

On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 6:05 PM, Franklin Weng
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Still need to test i386 version?  Didn't Canonical drop i386 in 17.10?

Testing was needed until a few hours before release, which was
Thursday. It is true that Ubuntu will not be releasing i386 for Ubuntu
proper anymore, but we and a few other flavors will continue -- IF we
have testers. You i386 users came through for the alphas and betas,
but I didn't see many tests except from the release team for the most
important testing of all, the Release Candidate.

This is disappointing. I'll have to hear a very good case for keeping
it after the LTS 18.10 next spring. Not just a good case, but a firm
commitment to test. If you are one of the supporters of i386, please
join the release team on Launchpad[1] and commit to testing *every*
pre-release.

Valorie

1. https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-release

--