Upgrade to netplan, predict new interface name

Upgrade to netplan, predict new interface name

Helmut Schneider
Hi,

I plan to upgrade 16.04 LTS to 18.04 LTS including netplan. Is there a
way to predict the new interface names? I would like to prepare the
yaml files to be able to ssh-in after the reboot.

Thank you!

Re: Upgrade to netplan, predict new interface name

Tom H-4
On Sat, Aug 3, 2019 at 6:40 PM Helmut Schneider <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I plan to upgrade 16.04 LTS to 18.04 LTS including netplan. Is
> there a way to predict the new interface names? I would like to
> prepare the yaml files to be able to ssh-in after the reboot.

If you rename your NICs via a udev rule in "/etc/udev/rules.d/*.rules"
and don't rename them to "ethX" or "wlanX", the NICs won't be renamed
when you upgrade.