Use of Bluetooth to test programs.

Re: Use of Bluetooth to test programs.

Colin Watson
On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 02:52:59PM +1000, Owen Thomas wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Aug 2019 at 04:51, Little Girl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > What's the UI feature that you don't particularly like? Also, have
> > you tried some or all of the Ubuntu flavors to see if you'd like one
> > of them better?
>
> Don't get me wrong; I like Ubuntu generally. However, in 18.04, when one
> alt-tabs through one's open applications, and one has multiple sessions of
> a single application open, at least as it appears on my lesser Acer
> computer, one has to bring one's right hand to the keyboard to press the
> down arrow key if one wants to select through to one of the open sessions.

This is easily changed, either with the "AlternateTab" gnome-shell
extension or with a simple configuration option:

  https://blogs.gnome.org/fmuellner/2018/10/11/the-future-of-alternatetab-and-why-you-need-not-worry/

(Also, I forget where it's configured so possibly it isn't set up by
default, but you should also be able to use Alt-` or Super-` to switch
between running instances of only the current application.)

Re: Use of Bluetooth to test programs.

Owen Thomas

On Fri, 23 Aug 2019 at 14:52, Owen Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
Perhaps I'm being a bit precious, and although Ubuntu has been good to me, I'd rather just keep things simple and stick to the standard flavour so I perhaps I'll wear the Ubuntu grin and get on with it.

... but it is a sad mystery when I see things taken away that don't seem to have any reason to be.

On Fri, 23 Aug 2019 at 21:24, Owen Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Fri, 23 Aug 2019 at 14:52, Owen Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
Perhaps I'm being a bit precious, and although Ubuntu has been good to me, I'd rather just keep things simple and stick to the standard flavour so I perhaps I'll wear the Ubuntu grin and get on with it.

... but it is a sad mystery when I see things taken away that don't seem to have any reason to be.

This link provided me with solution specifically for the Ubuntu 18.04 one installs when one simply installs Ubuntu 18.04.