Utility to backup audio and/or data CDs?

Utility to backup audio and/or data CDs?

JuanMa-2
Greetings.

What utility do you recommend to make exact or almost exact backups of
audio and/or data CDs, and that it allows me to save the image in iso
format?

It can be either gui based or terminal based.

Thank you.

Take care,

--
JuanMa

Re: Utility to backup audio and/or data CDs?

Darryl Clarke
On 21/01/06, JuanMa <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> What utility do you recommend to make exact or almost exact backups of
> audio and/or data CDs, and that it allows me to save the image in iso
> format?
>
> It can be either gui based or terminal based.

k3b will do this in gui.
-- if you open the 'create copy' dialog, then select 'only create
image' you will be able to specify a filename on the 'image' tab.

the command line way is to use 'dd'
ex:
dd if=/dev/dvd of=dvd.iso # for dvd
dd if=/dev/cdrom of=cd.iso # for cdrom
dd if=/dev/scd0 of=cd.iso # if cdrom is scsi

make sure the drive is not mounted before doing that.

--
~ Darryl  ~ [hidden email]
http://smartssa.com / http://darrylclarke.com

Re: Utility to backup audio and/or data CDs?

hentaidan
On 21/01/06, JuanMa <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> What utility do you recommend to make exact or almost exact backups of
> audio and/or data CDs, and that it allows me to save the image in iso
> format?
>
> It can be either gui based or terminal based.

I use:

umount /dev/hdc
dd if=/dev/cdrom of=cd.iso

To make iso images of CDS.

--
http://www.danicity.co.uk

Re: Utility to backup audio and/or data CDs?

Jonathan A. Watson
On Sat, 2006-01-21 at 15:36 -0500, Darryl Clarke wrote:
k3b will do this in gui.
I 2nd the use of k3b. Works great!

--
Jonathan A. Watson <[hidden email]>

Re: Utility to backup audio and/or data CDs?

Alexander Jacob Tsykin
JuanMa wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> What utility do you recommend to make exact or almost exact backups of
> audio and/or data CDs, and that it allows me to save the image in iso
> format?
>
> It can be either gui based or terminal based.
>

> Thank you.
>
> Take care,

k3b

Sasha