Version "5.4.0.60.63' for "linux-generic' was not found

Version "5.4.0.60.63' for "linux-generic' was not found

Jan Gorecki
Dear kernel team,
Using Ubuntu 20.04, I made an upgrade linux-generic:amd64 from
5.4.0.60.63 to 5.4.0.62.65.
After upgrading, the touchpad stopped working.
I wanted to revert to the old version but apt cannot find it anymore
giving following error

apt install linux-generic=5.4.0.60.63
E: Version "5.4.0.60.63' for "linux-generic' was not found

Why is it so that 5.4.0.60.63 cannot be found? How can I resolve the
problem and revert to this working version?

Thank you,
Jan Gorecki

Re: Version "5.4.0.60.63' for "linux-generic' was not found

Stefan Bader-2
On 18.01.21 18:13, Jan Gorecki wrote:

> Dear kernel team,
> Using Ubuntu 20.04, I made an upgrade linux-generic:amd64 from
> 5.4.0.60.63 to 5.4.0.62.65.
> After upgrading, the touchpad stopped working.
> I wanted to revert to the old version but apt cannot find it anymore
> giving following error
>
> apt install linux-generic=5.4.0.60.63
> E: Version "5.4.0.60.63' for "linux-generic' was not found
>
> Why is it so that 5.4.0.60.63 cannot be found? How can I resolve the
> problem and revert to this working version?
Linux-generic is just a wrapper that pulls in the latest kernel. The actual
kernel packages are called differently and depending on installation are header,
image and modules. But usually you keep the previous kernel and can select it
from the grub menu (there should be descriptions out there how to access /
enable that).
Also, if not already done, you should report a bug about the non-working
touchpad by calling "ubuntu-bug linux" when running the kernel that does no
longer work.

-Stefan