WINE - HOW TOs...

Ashwani Jain
Hi

    I am using Ubuntu 5.10 (Breezy) and installed wine using synaptic.  I copied MS Office XP from cd into home folder and than ran comman wine setup.exe but it returned message 'Ms Office with frontpage can not be installed, windows 98/ME/2000 required for this'

How to install MS Office XP on Ubuntu, has any one ever tried, please help if you know

Thanks & regards

Ashwani Jain
Systems Administrator

Re: WINE - HOW TOs...

David M. Carney
On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 15:28 +0530, Ashwani Jain wrote:

> Hi
>
>     I am using Ubuntu 5.10 (Breezy) and installed wine using synaptic.
> I copied MS Office XP from cd into home folder and than ran comman
> wine setup.exe but it returned message 'Ms Office with frontpage can
> not be installed, windows 98/ME/2000 required for this'
>
> How to install MS Office XP on Ubuntu, has any one ever tried, please
> help if you know
>

> Thanks & regards
>
> Ashwani Jain
> Systems Administrator

Codeweaver's Crossover Office is an excellent product. It was designed
to make it easy to install Internet Explorer and M$ Office, as well as
other M$ Windows applications.

However, it is not free. Check it out at http://www.codeweavers.com/

Best of luck.

David

Registered Linux User #297958
http://carney1979.blogspot.com/

Re: WINE - HOW TOs...

Scott-22
David M. Carney wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 15:28 +0530, Ashwani Jain wrote:
>
>>Hi
>>
>>    I am using Ubuntu 5.10 (Breezy) and installed wine using synaptic.
>>I copied MS Office XP from cd into home folder and than ran comman
>>wine setup.exe but it returned message 'Ms Office with frontpage can
>>not be installed, windows 98/ME/2000 required for this'
>>
>>How to install MS Office XP on Ubuntu, has any one ever tried, please
>>help if you know
>>

>>Thanks & regards
>>
>>Ashwani Jain
>>Systems Administrator
>

> Codeweaver's Crossover Office is an excellent product. It was designed
> to make it easy to install Internet Explorer and M$ Office, as well as
> other M$ Windows applications.

And up untill a few weekss ago, it didn't support anything beyond office
2000.  Now that's finally changed and it supports up through Office 2003.

--
Scott
www.angrykeyboarder.com

RE: WINE - HOW TOs...

Steve Kratz
> And up untill a few weekss ago, it didn't support anything
> beyond office 2000.  Now that's finally changed and it
> supports up through Office 2003.

With the exception of Outlook...