Wherefore art thou, 17.10 ISO respins?

Paul Smith-2
Anyone know how to be sure to get the latest 17.10 ISO respins with the
 SPI driver fix to avoid laptop bricking?

According to
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-release/2018-January/004263.html
they were supposed to be released on Thursday (11 Jan); according to
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-release/2018-January/004267.html
they were actually released yesterday evening (Friday 12 Jan), but
according to https://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop they're still not
available, and if I try to follow any of the links at the alternative
download page (e.g. I usually get the BitTorrent), I get an error:

http://releases.ubuntu.com/17.10/ubuntu-17.10-desktop-amd64.iso.torrent
The requested URL /17.10/ubuntu-17.10-desktop-amd64.iso.torrent was not
found on this server.

Re: Wherefore art thou, 17.10 ISO respins?

Ken D'Ambrosio
I poked around on the mirrors by way of the alternate download link you
have below, and got (among, I'm sure, others)  this:

http://mirror.pnl.gov/releases/17.10/

The ISO downloads fine.  Guess someone's slacking on the main page,
itself, though...

-Ken

On 2018-01-13 14:02, Paul Smith wrote:

> Anyone know how to be sure to get the latest 17.10 ISO respins with the
>  SPI driver fix to avoid laptop bricking?
>
> According to
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-release/2018-January/004263.html
> they were supposed to be released on Thursday (11 Jan); according to
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-release/2018-January/004267.html
> they were actually released yesterday evening (Friday 12 Jan), but
> according to https://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop they're still not
> available, and if I try to follow any of the links at the alternative
> download page (e.g. I usually get the BitTorrent), I get an error:
>
> http://releases.ubuntu.com/17.10/ubuntu-17.10-desktop-amd64.iso.torrent
> The requested URL /17.10/ubuntu-17.10-desktop-amd64.iso.torrent was not
> found on this server.

Re: Wherefore art thou, 17.10 ISO respins?

Oliver Grawert
hi,
Am Samstag, den 13.01.2018, 14:02 -0500 schrieb Paul Smith:

> http://releases.ubuntu.com/17.10/ubuntu-17.10-desktop-amd64.iso.torre
> nt
> The requested URL /17.10/ubuntu-17.10-desktop-amd64.iso.torrent was
> not
> found on this server.

re-spins are typically tagged with a .1 version number, so you want
17.10.1

http://releases.ubuntu.com/17.10.1/

ciao
        oli

On Sun, 2018-01-14 at 01:04 +0200, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > but according to https://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop they're still not
> > available,
>
> I have notified the web team to restore the links.  I expect this
> will be done on Monday.

I see it all now, thanks Steve (and the web team)!

Re: Wherefore art thou, 17.10 ISO respins?

Joel Rees

wherefore == why