Which Linux is easiest to use?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Which Linux is easiest to use?

Christer Wickman
Hi Everybody.

I would like to ask which Linux is the easiest to use? I have tested KUbuntu and like. I have also tested Linux Mint. But which of them are easiest to use?

Yours
Christer Wickman



Skickat från OPPO Mail

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Which Linux is easiest to use?

Girard Henri

I use ubuntu mate-dektop to keep to my gnome theme not_mac :) lol


Le 14/07/2018 à 15:51, Christer Wickman a écrit :
Hi Everybody.

I would like to ask which Linux is the easiest to use? I have tested KUbuntu and like. I have also tested Linux Mint. But which of them are easiest to use?

Yours
Christer Wickman



Skickat från OPPO Mail




--
kubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Which Linux is easiest to use?

Larry Rink
I have used Red hat, Ubuntu and Linux Mint and from a newbie's point of view I'd say MINT is easy, friendly, and very easy to upgrade all the apps on it. I tend to upgrade almost daily.  :)

Peace,

Larry 


On Saturday, July 14, 2018, 9:09:34 AM CDT, Girard Henri <[hidden email]> wrote:


I use ubuntu mate-dektop to keep to my gnome theme not_mac :) lol


Le 14/07/2018 à 15:51, Christer Wickman a écrit :
Hi Everybody.

I would like to ask which Linux is the easiest to use? I have tested KUbuntu and like. I have also tested Linux Mint. But which of them are easiest to use?

Yours
Christer Wickman



Skickat från OPPO Mail



--
kubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Which Linux is easiest to use?

charlie
well, to add my opinion to this, i think it's all subjective, honestly. i've used a number of distros, Ubuntu desktop, ubuntu gnome, kubuntu, xubuntu, opensuse, ubuntu budgie, ubuntu studio, ubuntu mate and linux mint (i do a lot of QA testing and giving them a try). um, the best advice i can give is to just install one by one and find one that suits you. opensuse and arch linux and others like that are more geared to someone who's got a lot of technical skill. but i honestly think that any of the 'buntu distros and linux mint are fairly easy. i use kubuntu and it's awesome. along with ubuntu studio for my recording studio.

charlie

IRC: hangar18

On Jul 14, 2018, at 07:51, Larry Rink <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have used Red hat, Ubuntu and Linux Mint and from a newbie's point of view I'd say MINT is easy, friendly, and very easy to upgrade all the apps on it. I tend to upgrade almost daily.  :)

Peace,

Larry 


On Saturday, July 14, 2018, 9:09:34 AM CDT, Girard Henri <[hidden email]> wrote:


I use ubuntu mate-dektop to keep to my gnome theme not_mac :) lol


Le 14/07/2018 à 15:51, Christer Wickman a écrit :
Hi Everybody.

I would like to ask which Linux is the easiest to use? I have tested KUbuntu and like. I have also tested Linux Mint. But which of them are easiest to use?

Yours
Christer Wickman



Skickat från OPPO Mail



--
kubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
--
kubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Which Linux is easiest to use?

Doug McGarrett
In reply to this post by Christer Wickman

On 07/14/2018 09:51 AM, Christer Wickman wrote:
Hi Everybody.

I would like to ask which Linux is the easiest to use? I have tested KUbuntu and like. I have also tested Linux Mint. But which of them are easiest to use?

Yours
Christer Wickman



Skickat från OPPO Mail


I like Mint, but I like PCLinuxOS better. Both in KDE format: PCLOS is in KDE5. (I liked the look of KDE4 better.) But for someone familiar with Windows, which is practically everybody, the look and feel of
KDE in either version will be a familiar interface. When I last looked at Ubuntu, it seemed to me that the devs went out of their way to destroy anything similar to a Windows interface. That was a few years ago.
I will say, that Ubuntu used to (and may still) have some of the best instructional material I have seen.

--doug

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Which Linux is easiest to use?

Billie Walsh
On 07/14/2018 02:10 PM, Doug wrote:

>
> On 07/14/2018 09:51 AM, Christer Wickman wrote:
>> Hi Everybody.
>>
>> I would like to ask which Linux is the easiest to use? I have tested
>> KUbuntu and like. I have also tested Linux Mint. But which of them
>> are easiest to use?
>>
>> Yours
>> Christer Wickman
>>
>>
>>
>> Skickat från OPPO Mail
>>
>>
> I like Mint, but I like PCLinuxOS better. Both in KDE format: PCLOS is
> in KDE5. (I liked the look of KDE4 better.) But for someone familiar
> with Windows, which is practically everybody, the look and feel of
> KDE in either version will be a familiar interface. When I last looked
> at Ubuntu, it seemed to me that the devs went out of their way to
> destroy anything similar to a Windows interface. That was a few years ago.
> I will say, that Ubuntu used to (and may still) have some of the best
> instructional material I have seen.
>
> --doug

I see a lot of similarity between Mac and Gnome. If your used to using a
Mac you would probably like Ubuntu Gnome.

--
"The dog is a gentleman. I hope to go to his heaven, not man's."

Mark Twain


--
kubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Which Linux is easiest to use?

Accessys@smart.net
In reply to this post by Christer Wickman
--
kubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Which Linux is easiest to use?

Luis Ceron
Peppermint OS...

On Sat, Jul 14, 2018, 4:32 PM <[hidden email]> wrote:

which is the best car.

"it depends"

you don't buy a sports car to haul gravel.  same thing what do you want to
do with it

Bob


On Sat, 14 Jul 2018, Christer Wickman wrote:

> Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 15:51:02 +0200
> From: Christer Wickman <[hidden email]>
> Reply-To: Kubuntu user technical support <[hidden email]>
> To: Kubuntu user technical support <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Which Linux is easiest to use?
>
> Hi Everybody.
>
> I would like to ask which Linux is the easiest to use? I have tested KUbuntu and like. I have also tested Linux Mint.
> But which of them are easiest to use?
>
> Yours
> Christer Wickman
>
>
>
> Skickat från OPPO Mail
>
>

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users