Windows, OSX, Linux - new debate- Which is best?

Windows, OSX, Linux - new debate- Which is best?

Phillip Sc. Boegh
Hi debatants

Let's go to conclutions - and please correct me or add yours.
But personally I find my reason in the front for Linux

Why use Linux?

Linux Operative System (OS) is a head in front of our competitor(s) because:

1.Linux is a Society organized community that helps people to be
self-reliant. Only support without involvement is normally commercial.

2.Linux OS is a very secure system: You do not in general work as
administrator on your system, no or few viruses exist, easy firewall
system and fast updates secure against hackers. Other OpenSource partners
like Apache guarantee secure servers too.

3.Even PC-equipment that is outdated for the resource-consuming
competitors OS still work very efficient with Linux. Easy specializing also
for old desktops.

4.New Linux programs and backward convertible programms are constantly
developed (for also old PCs).

5.Very easy to maintain the software (basically 2 command-lines to update
ALL software).

6.As OS and most software of the Linux OS will remain open source and free
for ever (According to the GNU GPL license:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/licenses.html#translations).

7.The whole OpenSource society is very widespread – mostly on servers (70%
of market share), but is increasingly going to desktop also (Linux OS from
0.1% - 3.5% in 5 years. Data per 1. of october 2005)

-- And if you like to get further with your computer? :::

8.You continue to learn more how your computer works with the Linux OS due
to error codes you can copy and search for on the Internet - compared to
unexplainable collapse of the competitors errors.

9.The open source code of Linux guarantee a continuous development and you
can legally manipulate everything yourself (and distribute it as a new
distribution ;-).

10.Not only International English but the Linux society work on making
support really international for “all languages”.*

11.You can precipitate in development of low to high level applications
and translations – which often result in well-paid jobs.

12. ???? you to add.

regards

Phillip

Re: Windows, OSX, Linux - new debate- Which is best?

Mateusz Kijowski
> Hi debatants
<cut>

Hi,
I am a member of this list not to debate on the greatness of Linux or Ubuntu.
I am here to help and get help. This debate has nothing to do with the
purpose of this list.

It has been said several times that the proper list for such debates is
ubuntu-sounder.

Please go there.

Re: Windows, OSX, Linux - new debate- Which is best?

Arlen Cuss
Phillip Sc. Boegh wrote:

>Hi debatants
>
>Let's go to conclutions - and please correct me or add yours.
>But personally I find my reason in the front for Linux
>
>Why use Linux?
>

>Linux Operative System (OS) is a head in front of our competitor(s) because:
>

>1.Linux is a Society organized community that helps people to be
>self-reliant. Only support without involvement is normally commercial.
>
>2.Linux OS is a very secure system: You do not in general work as
>administrator on your system, no or few viruses exist, easy firewall
>system and fast updates secure against hackers. Other OpenSource partners
>like Apache guarantee secure servers too.
>
>3.Even PC-equipment that is outdated for the resource-consuming
>competitors OS still work very efficient with Linux. Easy specializing also
>for old desktops.
>
>4.New Linux programs and backward convertible programms are constantly
>developed (for also old PCs).
>
>5.Very easy to maintain the software (basically 2 command-lines to update
>ALL software).
>
>6.As OS and most software of the Linux OS will remain open source and free
>for ever (According to the GNU GPL license:
>http://www.gnu.org/licenses/licenses.html#translations).
>
>7.The whole OpenSource society is very widespread – mostly on servers (70%
>of market share), but is increasingly going to desktop also (Linux OS from
>0.1% - 3.5% in 5 years. Data per 1. of october 2005)
>

>-- And if you like to get further with your computer? :::
>
>8.You continue to learn more how your computer works with the Linux OS due
>to error codes you can copy and search for on the Internet - compared to
>unexplainable collapse of the competitors errors.
>
>9.The open source code of Linux guarantee a continuous development and you
>can legally manipulate everything yourself (and distribute it as a new
>distribution ;-).
>
>10.Not only International English but the Linux society work on making
>support really international for “all languages”.*
>
>11.You can precipitate in development of low to high level applications
>and translations – which often result in well-paid jobs.
>
>12. ???? you to add.
>
>regards
>
>Phillip

Please stop making `debate' topics. If you prefer to simply state
strengths, name it so. We all like that. :)

There's no need for any more flame warring here.

- Yuki.

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Windows, OSX, Linux - new debate- Which is best?

Mateusz Kijowski
> Please stop making `debate' topics. If you prefer to simply state
> strengths, name it so. We all like that. :)
>
> There's no need for any more flame warring here.
>
> - Yuki.

No, Yuki. I do not like that at all. Please stop this thread.

NTL!