X testing

Serg Belokamen
Hi All,

I need an X testing suit... So far been using (or rather trying to
use) Xnee (X recorder/replayer). Pathetic though, documentation is
almost non existant for the important parts and generally very! Out of
date (mailing list is on the death bed as well).

My other approach was to use Xscope (sort of like ethereal for X11) to
monitor X events and see whats going back and forwards and eventually
capture only the events (and  app. data) I need.  Again no luck, it
apears that it was made for Solaris and doesnt even compile on Linux
(FC3, but will need it to build on cygwin as well).

So, does anyone know of any simular open source software that can be
used for GUI end-to-end testing (not unit testing)? Perhaps help/guide
me through installing Xscope on Linux.

  Thanks,
      Serg