XULRunner in 12.04

Chris Wilson-29
Hi here,

I've just tried to run an app (not from the USC) that has XULRunner as a runtime dependency, however it seems to have fallen out of the Ubuntu archive after 11.04. I find this strange since the package is still available in Debian. Is there a reason the package is not longer there or is this just an oversight?

Chris

Re: XULRunner in 12.04

Stefano Rivera-13
Hi Chris (2012.04.04_15:01:54_+0200)
> Is there a reason the package is not longer there or is this just an
> oversight?

Intentional. With Firefox's rapid release cycle, we couldn't provide a
stable xulrunner for the life of the release.

The removal bug [0] hints at this, although it assumes you already knew
the background :)

[0]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xulrunner-1.9.2/+bug/816377

SR

--