Xenial Xerus Ubuntu 16.04 Release Parties

Xenial Xerus Ubuntu 16.04 Release Parties

Bob Jonkman

Hi Everyone! For those of you trying to keep track of the Ubuntu
happenings in the community, there are two release parties in Canada
(that I know of). I hope you'll all join us. Happily, nobody checks
your OS at the door, so everyone is welcome no matter what OS you're
running.

In Toronto Michael Kaulbach, @genii on the Internets, is providing
Death Wish coffee (really!) and cupcakes to decorate. The restaurant has
surprisingly good pizza, too.

*What*: Toronto Xenial Xerus Release Party
*When*: Thursday, 21 April 2016 from 8:00pm to 11:45pm
*Where*: Alio Lounge, 108 Dundas Street West, Toronto, Ontario
*Map*: http://osm.org/go/ZX6BtMD0--?m=&node=1113718580
*LoCo Event*: http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-ca/3330/detail/

Two days later there's another Ubuntu Release Party in
Kitchener-Waterloo on Saturday:

*What*: KW Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus Release Party
*When*: Saturday, 23 April 2016 from 4:30pm to 7:30pm
*Where*: Beertown (Waterloo Public Square, 75 King St. S.)
*Map*: http://osm.org/go/ZXnbonIU-?m=
*LoCo Event*: http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-ca/3361/detail/

No coffee, cupcakes or eggrolls, but I'm told they have beer taps at
every table.

On my way to the Toronto release party I'm stopping by the Homebrew
Hosting Club:

*What*: Homebrew Hosting Club http://homebrewhosting.club
*When*: Thursday, 21 April 2016 from 7:00pm to 9:00pm
*Where*: Hacklab.TO https://hacklab.to
*Location*: 1266 Queen St. West Suite #6, Toronto, Ontario
*Map*: http://osm.org/go/ZX6BIWFw--?m=&node=3522641496

Homebrew Hosting Club is for people who are building their own
website, setup and run their own calendar/contact server, develop
their own publishing web app, host a Gnu-based-social-network, run
their own Wiki, host their own email server. And especially if they're
doing on an Ubuntu server!

Hope to see you at any or all of these!

- --Bob.

- --
Bob Jonkman <[hidden email]>          Phone: +1-519-635-9413
SOBAC Microcomputer Services             http://sobac.com/sobac/
Software   ---   Office & Business Automation   ---   Consulting

Re: Xenial Xerus Ubuntu 16.04 Release Parties

Bob Jonkman

OK, Kitchener-Waterloo Ubuntu fans: Here's my last minute reminder
spam for the KW Ubuntu Release Party this afternoon, in a mere 90 minutes!

Hopefully we'll see a rousing turnout, although registrations on the
LoCo Event page have been scarce (even my +1 isn't coming).

There's no reservation (the online form wouldn't work for me), but
Beertown in Waterloo is big enough to hold everybody on this mailing
list :-)

*What*: KW Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus Release Party
*When*: Saturday, 23 April 2016 from 4:30pm to 7:30pm
*Where*: Beertown (Waterloo Public Square, 75 King St. S.)
*Map*: http://osm.org/go/ZXnbonIU-?m=
*LoCo Event*: http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-ca/3361/detail/

Look for the table with the Ubuntu Canada standups:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CanadianTeam/standups

- --Bob.

On 2016-04-21 03:17 AM, Bob Jonkman wrote:

> Hi Everyone! For those of you trying to keep track of the Ubuntu
> happenings in the community, there are two release parties in
> Canada (that I know of). I hope you'll all join us. Happily, nobody
> checks your OS at the door, so everyone is welcome no matter what
> OS you're running.
>
> In Toronto Michael Kaulbach, @genii on the Internets, is providing
> Death Wish coffee (really!) and cupcakes to decorate. The
> restaurant has surprisingly good pizza, too.
>
> *What*: Toronto Xenial Xerus Release Party *When*: Thursday, 21
> April 2016 from 8:00pm to 11:45pm *Where*: Alio Lounge, 108 Dundas
> Street West, Toronto, Ontario *Map*:
> http://osm.org/go/ZX6BtMD0--?m=&node=1113718580 *LoCo Event*:
> http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-ca/3330/detail/
>
> Two days later there's another Ubuntu Release Party in
> Kitchener-Waterloo on Saturday:
>
> *What*: KW Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus Release Party *When*:
> Saturday, 23 April 2016 from 4:30pm to 7:30pm *Where*: Beertown
> (Waterloo Public Square, 75 King St. S.) *Map*:
> http://osm.org/go/ZXnbonIU-?m= *LoCo Event*:
> http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-ca/3361/detail/
>
> No coffee, cupcakes or eggrolls, but I'm told they have beer taps
> at every table.
>

> On my way to the Toronto release party I'm stopping by the
> Homebrew Hosting Club:
>
> *What*: Homebrew Hosting Club http://homebrewhosting.club *When*:
> Thursday, 21 April 2016 from 7:00pm to 9:00pm *Where*: Hacklab.TO
> https://hacklab.to *Location*: 1266 Queen St. West Suite #6,
> Toronto, Ontario *Map*:
> http://osm.org/go/ZX6BIWFw--?m=&node=3522641496
>
> Homebrew Hosting Club is for people who are building their own
> website, setup and run their own calendar/contact server, develop
> their own publishing web app, host a Gnu-based-social-network, run
> their own Wiki, host their own email server. And especially if
> they're doing on an Ubuntu server!
>
> Hope to see you at any or all of these!
>
> --Bob.

Re: Xenial Xerus Ubuntu 16.04 Release Parties

Bob Jonkman

Hi Ubuntu-Canadians: For those of you who were there, and especially
for those of you who weren't, here are Sammy Lao's pictures from the
Toronto Ubuntu Release Party

https://goo.gl/photos/FfUmX1i54Rz2kncL6

Sadly, there are no pictures of the KW Release Party, which was
underpopulated due to local LRT construction making the downtown core
appear completely inaccessible.

- --Bob.