Xubuntu subreddit ownership

Vincent T
Hi all,

I'm not sure whether these are the correct email addresses to use, so fingers crossed, but:

I haven't been involved with Xubuntu for a long, long time now. However, I am still the owner of the /r/xubuntu subreddit. Since I'd imagine you'd want to be in control of your social media presences, and reddit is rather popular right now, I was wondering if I could add any of the Xubuntu team as owners?

If so, please let me know which reddit usernames I should add. Also note that I don't really know who's on the team nowadays, so perhaps some verification is a good idea?

I'm also no longer subscribed to these mailinglists, so please CC my email address in replies to this email.

Best,
Vincent

PS. Great to see Xubuntu still thriving!

Re: Xubuntu subreddit ownership

Elizabeth Krumbach
Hi Vincent,

Thanks for reaching out, and for your involvement in this space!

I lead up the social media stuff for Xubuntu, but I don't actively use
Reddit, and don't plan on doing so any time soon.

Still, we should probably at least add me (pleia2) as an owner just so
I have the ability to add others moving forward, but if we have some
team members who are active on Reddit, please speak up :)

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 3:59 AM Vincent <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm not sure whether these are the correct email addresses to use, so fingers crossed, but:
>
> I haven't been involved with Xubuntu for a long, long time now. However, I am still the owner of the /r/xubuntu subreddit. Since I'd imagine you'd want to be in control of your social media presences, and reddit is rather popular right now, I was wondering if I could add any of the Xubuntu team as owners?
>
> If so, please let me know which reddit usernames I should add. Also note that I don't really know who's on the team nowadays, so perhaps some verification is a good idea?
>
> I'm also no longer subscribed to these mailinglists, so please CC my email address in replies to this email.
>
> Best,
> Vincent
>
> PS. Great to see Xubuntu still thriving!

Re: Xubuntu subreddit ownership

Aaron Franke
Hello Vincent and Elizabeth,

I would be willing to help out, though I'm not a member of the Xubuntu team, I'm just subscribed to the mailing list (if you need more members I'm willing to join).

I'm the one who created the current subreddit theme for /r/xubuntu (mostly just a banner) with some tips from Vincent. I use Reddit often but I don't have any specific changes in mind for the subreddit, so I would just leave it as-is right now anyway. My username is "aaronfranke".

Thanks.