(Yet another) new logout dialog

Re: (Yet another) new logout dialog

Eric Feliksik
So after much discussion the global opinion is something like this:

1) Some like the fancy dialog, some don't
2) Most people agree that the dialog is not completely self-explanatory
3) because of 2), the sabdfl is in favor of explanatory text (and that's
the obligatory global opinion then :))
4) We all want to offer the user information, but in an implicit/subtle
way (icons, ordering, short texts) as much as possible (instead of long
texts)

http://librarian.launchpad.net/1632715/logout4x.png could also use an
explanatory text, but the end/pause-session division gives us info that
the icons *don't* (namely, does this log you out or not)
In the current division (keeprunning/powerdown), the info given is
redundant (because the powerdown-options have a power-icon, *and* are at
the bottom)

(SOCIAL NOTE: I restate this, and restate this, maybe to your annoyment.
Please let me know. I received only a few comments, of which most were
positive, but further it was mostly ignored. I restate this because I
feel *lots* of criticism on the current dialog are taken away to some
extent by this division and the text-headers. If you think this idea
sucks, *let me know* !)

Re: Re: (Yet another) new logout dialog

Julian Oliver

just to catch up, what was the agreed issue with the existing logout
dialog? i ask more in the sense of it's layout and relative size than the
icons themselves..

julian

--