Youtube web-app freezes computer

andres
Hi all,
I run the youtube web app, I maximize it, and suddenly I can move the mouse and that is about it. Nothing is 'clickable' no rightclick menu, no alt+f4 or f2, dash does not show with super key and taping power button once normally prompts shutdown menu but not now. I also left it to 'think' for more than 30min just in case it did something.

This happens with gnome3 admin and with unity user.

I solved it by uninstalling the app at the moment as all the help I could find in the web seem to relate to video freezing.

My question is as follows: the only thing I could do is cold reboot (desktop restart button or holding diwn the power button fo 3 seconds) is there anything else I could try? This would help to debug next time I have time to do so.

--
Enviado desde mi teléfono con K-9 Mail.

Re: Youtube web-app freezes computer

Barry Titterton-3
On 27/05/14 02:29, Andrés wrote:
Hi all,
I run the youtube web app, I maximize it, and suddenly I can move the mouse and that is about it. Nothing is 'clickable' no rightclick menu, no alt+f4 or f2, dash does not show with super key and taping power button once normally prompts shutdown menu but not now. I also left it to 'think' for more than 30min just in case it did something.

This happens with gnome3 admin and with unity user.

I solved it by uninstalling the app at the moment as all the help I could find in the web seem to relate to video freezing.

My question is as follows: the only thing I could do is cold reboot (desktop restart button or holding diwn the power button fo 3 seconds) is there anything else I could try? This would help to debug next time I have time to do so.

--
Enviado desde mi teléfono con K-9 Mail.

Have you tried :-

Alt+SysRq+R