amarok repository?!

Josef K.
kubuntu.org claim new amarok version is out and you can download ubuntu
package from http://kubuntu.org/packages/amarok-1.3.5/, but I can't find it
in official repository
why?!

--
Josef K.

Re: amarok repository?!

Rebel Lion-2
On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 22:25, Josef K. wrote:
> kubuntu.org claim new amarok version is out and you can download ubuntu
> package from http://kubuntu.org/packages/amarok-1.3.5/, but I can't find it
> in official repository
> why?!
>
> --
> Josef K.

 What version are you running and what is your point ?

Re: amarok repository?!

Josef K.
David A' Rebel wrote:

>  What version are you running and what is your point ?

the "point" is that I don't understand why they didn't put it in repository
(where there's still 1.3.1 one :))

--
Josef K.

Re: Re: amarok repository?!

Jonathan Riddell-2
On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 10:58:34AM +0100, Josef K. wrote:
> David A' Rebel wrote:
>
> >  What version are you running and what is your point ?
>
> the "point" is that I don't understand why they didn't put it in repository
> (where there's still 1.3.1 one :))

Because Amarok currently isn't built against libvisual which adds
various visulisation effects, so I'm waiting for libvisual to get into
the archive first then we'll upload the new Amarok.

Jonathan

Re: Re: amarok repository?!

Bugzilla from art.alexion@verizon.net
Jonathan Riddell wrote:

>On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 10:58:34AM +0100, Josef K. wrote:
>

>>David A' Rebel wrote:
>>

>>> What version are you running and what is your point ?
>>>

>>the "point" is that I don't understand why they didn't put it in repository
>>(where there's still 1.3.1 one :))
>>

>Because Amarok currently isn't built against libvisual which adds
>various visulisation effects, so I'm waiting for libvisual to get into
>the archive first then we'll upload the new Amarok.

Jonathon,

Do you know whether this is the version that gets rid of the duplicate
entries bug?  I care much more about duplicates in my database than
visualizations.

Art

--

Art Alexion

PGP fingerprint: 52A4 B10C AA73 096F A661  92D2 3B65 8EAC ACC5 BA7A
The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for alarm.
Info @ http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/signature.asc.what.html

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c