amd64 Beta 2 candidate testing going well; i386 testing -- none?

amd64 Beta 2 candidate testing going well; i386 testing -- none?

Valorie Zimmerman
I didn't write to the list yesterday about the candidate ISOs
dropping, because of computer problems here. I lost a SSD (I think)
but created a Bionic upgrade on another disk. So that was a success,
but it takes time to provision a new install, as you know.

Anyway, i386 users, now or never! I mean literally if we don't get
testing on this LTS on i386 hardware, we will NOT be offering it from
here forward. This is a community-produced product, and if those who
want it are not willing to test it, we simply cannot provide untested
stuff.

Please login to the qatracker at
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/388/builds/169616/testcases,
click the little disk symbol to download or zsync an image, and test
test test!

File bug reports for bugs you find using `ubuntu-bug ubuiquity` or
whatever the packagename is (ubiquity is the installer) and add those
BR numbers to your report.

Please, today or at latest tomorrow.

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez

Re: amd64 Beta 2 candidate testing going well; i386 testing -- none?

Franklin Weng
I'll do it today as much as possible.

(just woke up)

Franklin

--
Sent from my phone

Valorie Zimmerman <[hidden email]> 於 2018年4月5日 週四 07:35 寫道:
[...]

Hi Franklin, I got home late from my meeting tonight and was dreading
having to do them all on a not-i386 machine. Thanks so much for doing
that!

I very much appreciate it.

All the best,

Valorie

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 4:41 PM, Franklin Weng <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'll do it today as much as possible.
>
> (just woke up)
>
> Franklin
>
> --
> Sent from my phone
>
> Valorie Zimmerman <[hidden email]> 於 2018年4月5日 週四 07:35 寫道:
>>
>> I didn't write to the list yesterday about the candidate ISOs
>> dropping, because of computer problems here. I lost a SSD (I think)
>> but created a Bionic upgrade on another disk. So that was a success,
>> but it takes time to provision a new install, as you know.
>>
>> Anyway, i386 users, now or never! I mean literally if we don't get
>> testing on this LTS on i386 hardware, we will NOT be offering it from
>> here forward. This is a community-produced product, and if those who
>> want it are not willing to test it, we simply cannot provide untested
>> stuff.
>>
>> Please login to the qatracker at
>> http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/388/builds/169616/testcases,
>> click the little disk symbol to download or zsync an image, and test
>> test test!
>>
>> File bug reports for bugs you find using `ubuntu-bug ubuiquity` or
>> whatever the packagename is (ubiquity is the installer) and add those
>> BR numbers to your report.
>>
>> Please, today or at latest tomorrow.
>>
>> Valorie
>>
>> --
>> http://about.me/valoriez
>>
>> --

http://about.me/valoriez

Re: amd64 Beta 2 candidate testing going well; i386 testing -- none?

Franklin Weng
Hi,

Happy to do it.  This time all passed, even the OEM install one which would always fail before.

Franklin

Hi Franklin, I got home late from my meeting tonight and was dreading
having to do them all on a not-i386 machine. Thanks so much for doing
that!

I very much appreciate it.

All the best,

Valorie

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 4:41 PM, Franklin Weng <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'll do it today as much as possible.
>
> (just woke up)
>
> Franklin
>
> --
> Sent from my phone
>
> Valorie Zimmerman <[hidden email]> 於 2018年4月5日 週四 07:35 寫道:
>>
>> I didn't write to the list yesterday about the candidate ISOs
>> dropping, because of computer problems here. I lost a SSD (I think)
>> but created a Bionic upgrade on another disk. So that was a success,
>> but it takes time to provision a new install, as you know.
>>
>> Anyway, i386 users, now or never! I mean literally if we don't get
>> testing on this LTS on i386 hardware, we will NOT be offering it from
>> here forward. This is a community-produced product, and if those who
>> want it are not willing to test it, we simply cannot provide untested
>> stuff.
>>
>> Please login to the qatracker at
>> http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/388/builds/169616/testcases,
>> click the little disk symbol to download or zsync an image, and test
>> test test!
>>
>> File bug reports for bugs you find using `ubuntu-bug ubuiquity` or
>> whatever the packagename is (ubiquity is the installer) and add those
>> BR numbers to your report.
>>
>> Please, today or at latest tomorrow.
>>
>> Valorie
>>
>> --
>> http://about.me/valoriez
>>
>> --

http://about.me/valoriez

Franklin Weng
中華民國軟體自由協會理事長
LibreOffice 導入專家
LibreOffice 法人代表文件基金會董事、認證委員會委員
KDE 協會成員、歐洲自由軟體基金會成員

Re: amd64 Beta 2 candidate testing going well; i386 testing -- none?

Donald Tanner
Hello Valorie,

i386 testing in progress. I pulled some hardware out of storage to peace meal
1 good i386 testing machine.

* Passed: Live Session
* Passed:Install (entire disk) in Kubuntu Desktop i386 in Bionic Daily
* In Progress: Install (entire disk) with lvm and encryption) in Kubuntu Desktop in Bionic Daily

Thanks,
Donald

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 6:35 PM, Valorie Zimmerman <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Yay! That is one image I didn't test this round. Rik's fix helped!

Thank you again to you and all the other testers, and Rik for fixing
the OEM issue!

Valorie

http://about.me/valoriez