an error occured during signature verification Ubuntu 19.04

an error occured during signature verification Ubuntu 19.04

Tapas Mishra
Hi,
I am using a virtual machine downloaded from here
https://www.osboxes.org/ubuntu/#ubuntu-19-04-vmware
when I do
osboxes@osboxes:~$ sudo apt-get update
[sudo] password for osboxes:
Get:1 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu disco-security InRelease [97.5 kB]
Get:2 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu disco InRelease [257 kB]
Err:1 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu disco-security InRelease
  The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG 3B4FE6ACC0B21F32
Ubuntu Archive Automatic Signing Key (2012) <[hidden email]>
Get:3 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu disco-updates InRelease [97.5 kB]
Get:4 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu disco-backports InRelease [88.8 kB]
Get:5 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu disco-backports/universe
amd64 DEP-11 Metadata [7,924 B]
Reading package lists... Done
W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository
is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error:
http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu disco-security InRelease: The
following signatures were invalid: BADSIG 3B4FE6ACC0B21F32 Ubuntu
Archive Automatic Signing Key (2012) <[hidden email]>
E: Repository 'http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu disco-updates
InRelease' changed its 'Suite' value from 'disco' to 'disco-updates'
N: This must be accepted explicitly before updates for this repository
can be applied. See apt-secure(8) manpage for details.
osboxes@osboxes:~$

What should I check here?
How can I resolve this problem?

Re: an error occured during signature verification Ubuntu 19.04

সাজেদুর রহিম জোয়ারদার
Hi Tapas

রবি, ৮ সেপ্টেম্বর, ২০১৯ তারিখে ৩:২৯ AM টায় এ Tapas Mishra <[hidden email]> লিখেছেন:
Hi,...
What should I check here?
How can I resolve this problem?

While online run this on your terminal --

sudo apt-get clean && sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 3B4FE6ACC0B21F32 && sudo apt-get update

Wait for a while and this should resolve your issues. :)
--
রিং/ring

স্বেচ্ছাসেবক/Volunteer
এফওএসএস বাংলাদেশ/FOSS Bangladesh

Re: an error occured during signature verification Ubuntu 19.04

Tapas Mishra
On Sun, Sep 8, 2019 at 11:56 AM সাজেদুর রহিম জোয়ারদার
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> sudo apt-get clean && sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 3B4FE6ACC0B21F32 && sudo apt-get update
>
> Wait for a while and this should resolve your issues. :)
Well this did not helped I did try that before you had replied.I do
not know why it did not worked.

osboxes@osboxes:~$ sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver
keyserver.ubuntu.com 3B4FE6ACC0B21F32
Executing: /tmp/apt-key-gpghome.9t5ntBXbgT/gpg.1.sh --recv-keys
--keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com 3B4FE6ACC0B21F32
gpg: keyserver receive failed: Connection timed out

What fixed my problems was setting the location of updates in software
center to Main server rather than
servers in US.

Re: an error occured during signature verification Ubuntu 19.04

সাজেদুর রহিম জোয়ারদার
Hi Tapas
রবি, ৮ সেপ্টেম্বর, ২০১৯ তারিখে ১১:৩৮ PM টায় এ Tapas Mishra <[hidden email]> লিখেছেন:
Well this did not helped I did try that before you had replied.I do
not know why it did not worked.

osboxes@osboxes:~$ sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver
keyserver.ubuntu.com 3B4FE6ACC0B21F32
Executing: /tmp/apt-key-gpghome.9t5ntBXbgT/gpg.1.sh --recv-keys
--keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com 3B4FE6ACC0B21F32
gpg: keyserver receive failed: Connection timed out

Hmm. It is missing your ubuntu server. Try to configure your network connection with dns 8.8.4.4 and 8.8.8.8.

What fixed my problems was setting the location of updates in software
center to Main server rather than servers in US.

So the local repo server in US is not working!!! Please report this issue to the local repo admin and if you can do then file a bug in launchpad. If there is multiple user reporting the same then the repo will get synced and updated soon.