appnr.com to install on remote host

Rajeev Prasad
Hello,

can I use appnr.com to install software on remote host, which is NOT running the browser?

ty.
Rajeev

Re: appnr.com to install on remote host

NoOp-4
On 06/05/2012 01:02 PM, Rajeev Prasad wrote:
> Hello,
>
> can I use appnr.com to install software on remote host, which is NOT running the browser?
>
> ty.
> Rajeev

Doesn't look like it:

<http://blog.appnr.com/about/>

<quote>
Appnr is a web-based package browser that install applications on
Ubuntu. This is a web interface for APT system, and the package is
downloaded and installed from Ubuntu/Third-party repositories.
</quote>

<http://blog.appnr.com/help/>

<quote>
AptURL is required

The AptURL protocol handler and a web browser support are required to
install packages from Appnr. AptURL is a program that handles special
URLs to installing package on APT-based Linux systems. Firefox on Ubuntu
7.10 or higher has AptURL installed by default.
</quote>