automatically load custom kernel module in Ubuntu 20.04

R C

automatically load custom kernel module in Ubuntu 20.04

R C
Hello,

(I used to do this a long time ago, but things change, and forgot)

I have a custom kernel module that I can load with 'insmod mymod.ko
ios=37' now, however, I want to load it automatically, at boot time, or
right after booting.

Where do I copy the kernel module itself?

Do I create an entry/line in /etc/modules; like

mymod.ko ios=37

or do I need a /etc/modules-load.d/ios.conf ?  (and if so, where do I
set the kernel module parameters?

(I need to run depmod, do I?)

thanks,

Ron

R C

Re: automatically load custom kernel module in Ubuntu 20.04

R C
it works now,  somehow  it/kernel didn't like to load a kernelmodule
that was stripped?