battery capacity dropping fast

Edgar
I have a big issue, it's been a week since I'm using Kubuntu and my battery capacity has dropped from 86% to 83%. If this problem persists I might have to go back to Windows​.

Re: battery capacity dropping fast

Bruce Marshall
More information please....    and stop with the threat.  We’re here to help.

From: Edgar <[hidden email]>
Subject: battery capacity dropping fast
Date: 2/6/19 1:36 PM
To: Kubuntu Users <[hidden email]>

I have a big issue, it's been a week since I'm using Kubuntu and my battery capacity has dropped from 86% to 83%. If this problem persists I might have to go back to Windows​.

Re: battery capacity dropping fast

Edgar
Haha that ain't a threat just a concern. Well there's not much to explain, the capacity of my battery (the amount of charge battery can hold) is reducing drastically, and it all started since I started using Kubuntu, I've had other distros installed before, mint, Android, Ubuntu, and had never experienced this issue. I recommended Kubuntu to a friend of mine, and he had to remove it because of the same reason, both our laptops are Toshiba. Also MTP dies very frequently, I can transfer files between my phone and pc only when my phone is unlocked. Greetings.EOF

From: Edgar <[hidden email]>
Date: 2/6/19 1:36 PM
To: Kubuntu Users <[hidden email]>

From: Edgar <[hidden email]>
Date: 2/6/19 1:36 PM
To: Kubuntu Users <[hidden email]>

From: Edgar <[hidden email]>
Date: 2/6/19 1:36 PM
To: Kubuntu Users <[hidden email]>

I have a big issue, it's been a week since I'm using Kubuntu and my battery capacity has dropped from 86% to 83%. If this problem persists I might have to go back to Windows​.

Re: battery capacity dropping fast

Teimuraz Abashidze
I confirm. I've got the same issue with Kubuntu 18.04 on two different laptops. I've even changed battery on one of them, as it was old and it went to 10% during one month or so. That was HP EliteBook 8530p. After change in some days the same situation started with new battery. I thought the reason was bad quatity of battery - it's some chinese one from Amazon.

Then I've got another laptop - Lenovo T420 (second hand of course), I've removed HDD with windows7 and replaced it with the HDD from older laptop. After one week of use I've mentioned that green circle which shows battery condition got thin black line in the middle. Now it says "Fully charged 97%" :(

Both old and "new" laptop are always connected to AC power, except some rare and short situations. I never use hibernation, just because it doesn't work neithe on HP nor on Lenovo, bit usually I use Suspend.

Currently I use LXQT instead of KDE which eats too much memory and CPU.

This installation is upgrade from 16.04 with do-release-upgrade command.

If you'll have any further questions, I'll be happy to help.

From: Edgar <[hidden email]>
Date: 2/6/19 1:36 PM
To: Kubuntu Users <[hidden email]>

I have a big issue, it's been a week since I'm using Kubuntu and my battery capacity has dropped from 86% to 83%. If this problem persists I might have to go back to Windows​.

Best regards,
 Teimuraz Abashidze
Linux user #140208
---Visit my home page: