crash

charlie
hey all. i just noticed during a package update that a crash happened.
it says 'packagekit daemon' crashed. i'm running the minimal
installation of 18.04 on a lenovo ideapad 310-15 ABR laptop. and i can't
remember how to file a bug since it's been a longtime since i've done
it. can someone let me know what the terminal commands are for filing a
bug is? i think it's ubuntu-bug 'packagename'. but i need clarification.
and yes, i've got a launchpad account.

Re: crash

Nils Kassube-2
charlie wrote:
> hey all. i just noticed during a package update that a crash happened.
> it says 'packagekit daemon' crashed. i'm running the minimal
> installation of 18.04 on a lenovo ideapad 310-15 ABR laptop. and i
> can't remember how to file a bug since it's been a longtime since
> i've done it. can someone let me know what the terminal commands are
> for filing a bug is? i think it's ubuntu-bug 'packagename'. but i
> need clarification. and yes, i've got a launchpad account.

Yes, ubuntu-bug 'packagename' is correct. I think in your case it would
be

ubuntu-bug packagekit

Nils

Re: crash

Anthony Stevens
I just had the exact same crash during an update.
My system is a home built desktop 18.04 running on AMD Ryzen 8 core with 16Gb.

On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 11:56 AM, charlie <[hidden email]> wrote:
hey all. i just noticed during a package update that a crash happened. it says 'packagekit daemon' crashed. i'm running the minimal installation of 18.04 on a lenovo ideapad 310-15 ABR laptop. and i can't remember how to file a bug since it's been a longtime since i've done it. can someone let me know what the terminal commands are for filing a bug is? i think it's ubuntu-bug 'packagename'. but i need clarification. and yes, i've got a launchpad account.

Anthony Stevens
"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." - Alvin Toffler
http://postorbitallibrary.com/

Re: crash

charlie
nils: thank you for that reminder. i'll file it immediately.

anthony: you must've gotten the same updates i did today. or everybody did i should say. and i must say, you're rig sounds badass. i've got an older dell t1600 with a xeon processor in it that's ready for deployment.

Charlie Luna

-------------------------------------
Ubuntu California Loco Team member
IRC username: hangar18
IRC server: chat.freenode.net

Charlie wrote:
> anthony: you must've gotten the same updates i did today. or everybody
> did i should say.

Certainly not everybody - or maybe I was too late? I just did the
upgrade with "apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade" and I didn't see a
crash. After the upgrade packagekit is version 1.1.9-1ubuntu2.18.04.1
here.

Nils

Re: crash

Rik Mills-2
On 03/09/18 16:56, charlie wrote:
> hey all. i just noticed during a package update that a crash happened.
> it says 'packagekit daemon' crashed. i'm running the minimal
> installation of 18.04 on a lenovo ideapad 310-15 ABR laptop. and i can't
> remember how to file a bug since it's been a longtime since i've done
> it. can someone let me know what the terminal commands are for filing a
> bug is? i think it's ubuntu-bug 'packagename'. but i need clarification.
> and yes, i've got a launchpad account.

Reported as:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/packagekit/+bug/1790613