daemon.json file not found in /etc/docker dir in Ubuntu 16.04.5

daemon.json file not found in /etc/docker dir in Ubuntu 16.04.5

Amey Abhyankar
Hello,

I am running Ubuntu 16.04.5
Have installed 'Docker version 17.12.0-ce, build c97c6d6'

I want to modify couple of path's in daemon.json but I am unable to
locate daemon.json file under /etc/docker.
Also, I am unable to locate this file anywhere if I do 'locate *.json'

After searching I found 1 or 2 discussion where it is suggested to
create daemon.json file in /etc/docker but what should the contents in
it? And will that impact currently running docker service?

Regards,
Amey.