- Themed graphical login manager for the LTSP clients (select your
themes by setting the "default" symlink
in /opt/ltsp/<arch>/usr/share/ldm/themes/ to the theme you like,
community theme submissions would be highly appreciated).
- Preparation for the Ubuntu boot splash on LTSP clients (usplash is
not installed by default in the client chroot yet, you need to chroot
into it and install it manually).
- Support for multiple architectures for the LTSP clients. It is now
possible to build the client chroot on AMD64 systems for i386 clients
by running 'sudo ltsp-build-client --arch i386' post install.
- The first Edubuntu live CD has finally made it, it contains all of
the Edubuntu workstation install and is available for all 3 supported
- Support for the PowerPC architecture (currently only the workstation
install works flawless due to a bug in LTSP, fixes for this are
- A slightly faster boot process of the thin clients, there is more to
come, stay tuned!
Known issues (beyond the ones stated in the Ubuntu flight 2 announcement
- The artwork has some bugs in the default setup, so your install will
currently rather look like an Ubuntu install (apart from the
bootsplash). Select the Edubuntu wallpaper and the Gartoon icon
- The PowerPC install still fails during LTSP setup in the first stage
of the install, please skip this step and go on with the install as
- Due to a problem with the locale settings paired with a bug in
bringing up the network interfaces, the install fails in languages
other than English. If your system is connected to the Internet,
please use the Language Selector after installation to download
If you are interested in following changes as we further develop Dapper,
have a look at the dapper-changes list:
We also suggest that you subscribe to the ubuntu-devel-announce list if
you are interested in following Ubuntu development. This is a
list (a few posts a week) carrying announcements of approved
specifications, policy changes, alpha releases, and other interesting
events. Future Flight CD announcements may only go to this list.