evolution error on first start

Dave Stevens
I've installed evolution and on first running it, from a terminal, I
get:

(evolution:3870): e-data-server-WARNING **: e_module_load_all_in_directory: Error opening directory '/usr/lib/evolution-data-server/credential-modules': No such file or directory

I've looked in /usr/lib/evolution-data-server/ and sure enough there
isn't a file or directory called credential-modules. I'm not surprised
in a way because I haven't provided any credentials. My understanding
is that a first run wizard will start up to solicit such information
but this has not happened. Ideas?

Dave

--
In modern fantasy (literary or governmental), killing people is the
usual solution to the so-called war between good and evil. My books are

----- Ursula Le Guin

Re: evolution error on first start

Oliver Grawert
hi,
Am Dienstag, den 02.10.2018, 12:51 -0700 schrieb Dave Stevens:
> I've installed evolution and on first running it, from a terminal, I
> get:
>
> (evolution:3870): e-data-server-WARNING **:
> e_module_load_all_in_directory: Error opening directory
> '/usr/lib/evolution-data-server/credential-modules': No such file or
> directory

this is just a warning not an error ...
you can quieten it by installing evolution-data-server-online-accounts
from unverse, but that should not be needed to actually run evolution
or the setup wizard, it contains the modules that understand how to
talk to some online account resources that you can set up later to sync
i.e. google calendar accounts with your local calendar.

> I've looked in /usr/lib/evolution-data-server/ and sure enough there
> isn't a file or directory called credential-modules. I'm not
> surprised
> in a way because I haven't provided any credentials. My understanding
> is that a first run wizard will start up to solicit such information
> but this has not happened. Ideas?

my first move would be to file a bug ... this sounds like buggy
behaviour.

ciao
        oli

Re: evolution error on first start

Dave Stevens
On Tue, 02 Oct 2018 23:15:49 +0200
Oliver Grawert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi,
> Am Dienstag, den 02.10.2018, 12:51 -0700 schrieb Dave Stevens:
> > I've installed evolution and on first running it, from a terminal, I
> > get:
> >
> > (evolution:3870): e-data-server-WARNING **:
> > e_module_load_all_in_directory: Error opening directory
> > '/usr/lib/evolution-data-server/credential-modules': No such file or
> > directory
> >
> this is just a warning not an error ...
> you can quieten it by installing evolution-data-server-online-accounts
> from unverse, but that should not be needed to actually run evolution
> or the setup wizard, it contains the modules that understand how to
> talk to some online account resources that you can set up later to
> sync i.e. google calendar accounts with your local calendar.
>

> > I've looked in /usr/lib/evolution-data-server/ and sure enough there
> > isn't a file or directory called credential-modules. I'm not
> > surprised
> > in a way because I haven't provided any credentials. My
> > understanding is that a first run wizard will start up to solicit
> > such information but this has not happened. Ideas?
> >
> my first move would be to file a bug ... this sounds like buggy
> behaviour.
>
> ciao
> oli

I didn't get back to in until today and now it installs without error.
Whatever, thanks for your help.