failed to upgrade code error (2)

Ezequias Siqueira
Dear, good morning.
I tried to upgrade ubuntu 18.04 and it was failed.
From terminal I received the message:

dpkg: eror: parsing file '/var/lib/dpkg/status' near line 20967 package 'bzip2': field name 'aper' must be followed by colon

What do I need to do to solve this problem ?

Thanks.

Re: failed to upgrade code error (2)

Colin Watson
On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 07:19:11PM -0300, Ezequias Siqueira wrote:
> I tried to upgrade ubuntu 18.04 and it was failed.
> >From terminal I received the message:
>
> dpkg: eror: parsing file '/var/lib/dpkg/status' near line 20967 package
> 'bzip2': field name 'aper' must be followed by colon
>

> What do I need to do to solve this problem ?

Oh dear.  You appear to have filesystem corruption in
/var/lib/dpkg/status; that's part of dpkg's database.  Do you have
backups?

It might be possible for an expert to repair the file by hand, but it's
hard to say.  One strategy might be to keep a safe copy of
/var/lib/dpkg/status and then see if any of /var/lib/dpkg/status-old and
/var/backups/dpkg.status.* (in order) are usable; but that has its own
risks, and it seems unlikely that you should happen to have had random
corruption *only* in /var/lib/dpkg/status, so if possible I'd be looking
at replacing the disk and restoring from backups.