feature

charlie
hey guys, i wanted to put this out there to see if there's a way for it
to be done. you know how in ubuntu gnome (of which is now the standard
ubuntu desktop), you've got dots/dashes over an active icon, say you've
got firefox open and above it's icon there's a dot to show there's an
open window for it. and any subsequent windows for it, it displays more
dots above that icon. is there a way to have that feature in kubuntu?
i'm using the icons only task manager and i'd like to see a feature
added to kubuntu where you can have just a dot or line or dash above or
below the icon that's active without having more icons being displayed
for any active windows. gosh i hope that makes sense.

charlie

Re: feature

Bruce Marshall
I guess I don’t see the need.  I use alt-tab to move between apps and you can easily see what is active.

Re: feature

Valorie Zimmerman
Hi Charlie, everyone already has krunner. Depending on your version of
Kubuntu, alt+space opens it at the top of your screen. From there you
can open applications, close them, do calculations and conversions,
find files and all kinds of handy things. Alt+f2 works as well. You
can search for Latte Dock in Discover, Muon, or apt, depending one how
you like to install and uninstall applications.

sudo apt install latte-dock

is the simplest.

Hope this helps,

Valorie

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 1:32 PM, charlie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> thank you clay! how do i go about getting this latte dock and krunner?
>

> On 05/10/2018 01:31 PM, Clay Weber wrote:
>
> Latte dock does this. You remove the stock panel, then use krunner to run
> latte. Make sure you go into the settings and set it to autostart. It is
> highly configuable, but in its default setup it does exactly what you
> looking for.
>
> On May 10, 2018, at 11:20 AM, charlie <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> hey guys, i wanted to put this out there to see if there's a way for it
>> to be done. you know how in ubuntu gnome (of which is now the standard
>> ubuntu desktop), you've got dots/dashes over an active icon, say you've
>> got firefox open and above it's icon there's a dot to show there's an
>> open window for it. and any subsequent windows for it, it displays more
>> dots above that icon. is there a way to have that feature in kubuntu?
>> i'm using the icons only task manager and i'd like to see a feature
>> added to kubuntu where you can have just a dot or line or dash above or
>> below the icon that's active without having more icons being displayed
>> for any active windows. gosh i hope that makes sense.
>>
>> charlie

http://about.me/valoriez

Re: feature

charlie
thank you, valorie. now i just need to figure out how to switch to the
latte dock.

charlie

On 05/10/2018 03:01 PM, Valorie Zimmerman wrote:

> Hi Charlie, everyone already has krunner. Depending on your version of
> Kubuntu, alt+space opens it at the top of your screen. From there you
> can open applications, close them, do calculations and conversions,
> find files and all kinds of handy things. Alt+f2 works as well. You
> can search for Latte Dock in Discover, Muon, or apt, depending one how
> you like to install and uninstall applications.
>
> sudo apt install latte-dock
>
> is the simplest.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Valorie
>
> On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 1:32 PM, charlie <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> thank you clay! how do i go about getting this latte dock and krunner?
>>

>> On 05/10/2018 01:31 PM, Clay Weber wrote:
>>
>> Latte dock does this. You remove the stock panel, then use krunner to run
>> latte. Make sure you go into the settings and set it to autostart. It is
>> highly configuable, but in its default setup it does exactly what you
>> looking for.
>>
>> On May 10, 2018, at 11:20 AM, charlie <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> hey guys, i wanted to put this out there to see if there's a way for it
>>> to be done. you know how in ubuntu gnome (of which is now the standard
>>> ubuntu desktop), you've got dots/dashes over an active icon, say you've
>>> got firefox open and above it's icon there's a dot to show there's an
>>> open window for it. and any subsequent windows for it, it displays more
>>> dots above that icon. is there a way to have that feature in kubuntu?
>>> i'm using the icons only task manager and i'd like to see a feature
>>> added to kubuntu where you can have just a dot or line or dash above or
>>> below the icon that's active without having more icons being displayed
>>> for any active windows. gosh i hope that makes sense.
>>>
>>> charlie

Re: feature

charlie
ok, i've got the latte dock installed and now i need to ask how i put it
into use as my permanent dock/panel.

On 05/10/2018 05:13 PM, charlie wrote:

> thank you, valorie. now i just need to figure out how to switch to the
> latte dock.
>
> charlie
>

> On 05/10/2018 03:01 PM, Valorie Zimmerman wrote:
>> Hi Charlie, everyone already has krunner. Depending on your version of
>> Kubuntu, alt+space opens it at the top of your screen. From there you
>> can open applications, close them, do calculations and conversions,
>> find files and all kinds of handy things. Alt+f2 works as well. You
>> can search for Latte Dock in Discover, Muon, or apt, depending one how
>> you like to install and uninstall applications.
>>
>> sudo apt install latte-dock
>>
>> is the simplest.
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>>
>> Valorie
>>
>> On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 1:32 PM, charlie <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>> thank you clay! how do i go about getting this latte dock and krunner?
>>>

>>> On 05/10/2018 01:31 PM, Clay Weber wrote:
>>>
>>> Latte dock does this. You remove the stock panel, then use krunner
>>> to run
>>> latte. Make sure you go into the settings and set it to autostart.
>>> It is
>>> highly configuable, but in its default setup it does exactly what you
>>> looking for.

Re: feature

charlie
i've got the latte dock running now so i just need to figure out how to
add icons to it.

On 05/11/2018 10:34 AM, charlie wrote:

> ok, i've got the latte dock installed and now i need to ask how i put
> it into use as my permanent dock/panel.
>

> On 05/10/2018 05:13 PM, charlie wrote:
>> thank you, valorie. now i just need to figure out how to switch to
>> the latte dock.
>>
>> charlie
>>

>> On 05/10/2018 03:01 PM, Valorie Zimmerman wrote:
>>> Hi Charlie, everyone already has krunner. Depending on your version of
>>> Kubuntu, alt+space opens it at the top of your screen. From there you
>>> can open applications, close them, do calculations and conversions,
>>> find files and all kinds of handy things. Alt+f2 works as well. You
>>> can search for Latte Dock in Discover, Muon, or apt, depending one how
>>> you like to install and uninstall applications.
>>>
>>> sudo apt install latte-dock
>>>
>>> is the simplest.
>>>
>>> Hope this helps,
>>>
>>> Valorie

Re: feature

charlie
ok, one more time. i've learned how to add icons to the dock so now i
just need to learn how to move icons around into the order i'd like them
to be in. if anyone knows how to rearrange the icons, let me know.
otherwise i'll play with it and use it as is. but this latte dock's
exactly what i'm looking for.

On 05/11/2018 11:11 AM, charlie wrote:

> i've got the latte dock running now so i just need to figure out how
> to add icons to it.
>

> On 05/11/2018 10:34 AM, charlie wrote:
>> ok, i've got the latte dock installed and now i need to ask how i put
>> it into use as my permanent dock/panel.
>>

>> On 05/10/2018 05:13 PM, charlie wrote:
>>> thank you, valorie. now i just need to figure out how to switch to
>>> the latte dock.
>>>
>>> charlie

Re: feature

Robert Charbonneau

You should just be able to drag them around and drop them to reorder them

Re: feature

charlie

yeah, i just figured it out. i had to turn off a setting in latte settings in order to do it. now it's exactly the way i want it. yippee!!

charlie

On Fri, May 11, 2018 2:25 pm, charlie wrote:
> ok, one more time. i've learned how to add icons to the dock so now i just
> need to learn how to move icons around into the order i'd like them to be
> in. if anyone knows how to rearrange the icons, let me know. otherwise
> i'll play with it and use it as is. but this latte dock's exactly what i'm
> looking for.
>

> On 05/11/2018 11:11 AM, charlie wrote:

You click and hold, then drag the application icons around within the
application area. To move widgets (the clock, or the entire app area
itself, for example), right click somewhere on latte, then select
Settings. You will see a grid area for positioning and sizing, as well as
all the other configuration options.