feedback on new artwork in dapper

Étienne Bersac
Hello,

I'm glad to see the new dapper artwork arriving. Here just two
comments to improve :
  * Please se tangoified icons.
  * Is it possible to use a smoother orange ? Or a more brownish
orange ?

I really like the gtk+ and metacity themes. Bravo :)

Verso l'Alto !

Re: feedback on new artwork in dapper

Martin Jürgens-2
Étienne Bersac wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm glad to see the new dapper artwork arriving. Here just two
> comments to improve :
> * Please se tangoified icons.
> * Is it possible to use a smoother orange ? Or a more brownish orange ?
+1 on that.
I think that the current orange is terrible..

> I really like the gtk+ and metacity themes. Bravo :)
>
> Verso l'Alto !
>

> --ubuntu-art mailing list
Martin

Re: feedback on new artwork in dapper

Étienne Bersac
Hello,

Some new peace of artwork come with updates. And this is more obvious
than ever that we lake consistency. I've made two screenshot that
show some colour problem :

The notification popup  use a yellow that does not fit with the
brown. The orange for the progress bar and icons too.  I like the
title brown. It is lighter than previous Human brown, but do not drop
the brown for orange. If ubuntu dapper will look orange, then drop
completely brown and yellow !

I think we should use a "drake brown" as main colour. This would be
more consistent both with previous Human themes and it self.
Personnaly i dislike the brown+orange (especially the background
which is intend to change, btw).

20PreeningMallard.jpg May help.

My 2 cents.

Screenshot-3.png (54K) Download Attachment
Screenshot-gnome-app-install.png (5K) Download Attachment