fglrx DKMS Pkgs

Pete Graner-2
Mario,

I wanted to give you a heads up on this one. I upgraded to Intrepid from
Hardy on a Dell Inspiron 6400 and fglrx is completely broken. I had to
drop back to the Hardy kernel to get X back.

I'm attaching the Xorg log but the relevant errors are below:

(II) LoadModule: "dri2"

(WW) Warning, couldn't open module dri2
(II) UnloadModule: "dri2"~
(EE) Failed to load module "dri2" (module does not exist, 0)
(II) LoadModule: "fglrx"

(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//fglrx_drv.so
dlopen: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//fglrx_drv.so: undefined symbol:
miZeroLineScreenIndex
(EE) Failed to load /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//fglrx_drv.so
(II) UnloadModule: "fglrx"
(EE) Failed to load module "fglrx" (loader failed, 7)

~pete

--
Pete Graner <[hidden email]>

Xorg.0.log.old (8K) Download Attachment

Re: fglrx DKMS Pkgs

Mario Limonciello-5
Hey Pete:

Yeah I'm aware of this issue already unfortunately:

    https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fglrx-installer/+bug/247376

It is caused because the 8-6 AMD driver doesn't meet the ABI
requirements for Xorg server 1.5 which is now in intrepid.  If you look
more closely, the kernel module itself (which uses DKMS to build) should
be okay, and loading properly.

At this point we have to wait for AMD to update their driver to work
with Xorg 1.5.

Regards

--
Mario Limonciello