gnome-initial-setup needs attention

Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Hi all!

When testing the daily build of Ubuntu in my own language Swedish, I
just noticed that several very prominent strings in gnome-initial-setup
are untranslated. gnome-initial-setup is run automatically at first
login on Ubuntu 18.04.

Then I found that it's not only Swedish, but those (late) strings are
untranslated in quite a few languages whose teams have a high level of
ambition. One explanation is probably that the translation template was
not prioritized, but was visible on one of the latest pages in the
translations overview for respective language. I have changed that, so
it now shows up at the top, right after ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu.
Example page:

https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/bionic/+lang/de

So I ask you all to attend to the translation of this package. If those
strings get translated during this weekend, there may be a chance that
they will be included in the ISO of the final 18.04 release on Thursday.
I'm not sure of that in this moment, though. In any case any efforts
will make a difference in 18.04.1.

Sorry about this extremely late request.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj

Re: gnome-initial-setup needs attention

Gunnar Hjalmarsson
On 2018-04-21 01:45, Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
> So I ask you all to attend to the translation of this package. If
> those strings get translated during this weekend, there may be a
> chance that they will be included in the ISO of the final 18.04
> release on Thursday. I'm not sure of that in this moment, though. In
> any case any efforts will make a difference in 18.04.1.

The language-pack-gnome-XX-base 1:18.04+20180423 packages are on their
way to the archive, which means that translations done during the past
weekend and earlier today will make it to the 18.04 ISOs. Thanks all who
responded to this last minute plea!