gnote with appindicator

Don MacLellan
Hi all.

I've just done an fresh install of ubuntu with 14.04 and I'm looking for a note application like
gnote/tomboy that provides an appindicator.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Don

Re: gnote with appindicator

Colin Law
On 27 May 2014 11:48, Don MacLellan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I've just done an fresh install of ubuntu with 14.04 and I'm looking for a
> note application like gnote/tomboy that provides an appindicator.

If you want it like tomboy, what is wrong with tomboy?

Colin

Re: gnote with appindicator

Don MacLellan
I installed gnote and it's fine but neither it or tomboy seems to come with a systray icon in a
clean install.

I did

sudo apt-get install libappindicator1

and this seemed to make the icon appear in the systray.

On 27/05/14 11:52, Colin Law wrote:
> On 27 May 2014 11:48, Don MacLellan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all.
>>
>> I've just done an fresh install of ubuntu with 14.04 and I'm looking for a
>> note application like gnote/tomboy that provides an appindicator.
> If you want it like tomboy, what is wrong with tomboy?
>
> Colin

Re: gnote with appindicator

Colin Law
On 27 May 2014 12:11, Don MacLellan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I installed gnote and it's fine but neither it or tomboy seems to come with
> a systray icon in a clean install.
>
> I did
>
> sudo apt-get install libappindicator1
>
> and this seemed to make the icon appear in the systray.

I see an indicator for tomboy, but I already have libappindicator1
installed.  I don't think I installed it manually, so presumably
something else installed it.

Presumably your problem is solved however.

Colin

> On 27/05/14 11:52, Colin Law wrote:
>>
>> On 27 May 2014 11:48, Don MacLellan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all.
>>>
>>> I've just done an fresh install of ubuntu with 14.04 and I'm looking for
>>> note application like gnote/tomboy that provides an appindicator.
>>
>> If you want it like tomboy, what is wrong with tomboy?
>>
>> Colin

Re: gnote with appindicator

Colin Law
On 27 May 2014 12:18, Colin Law <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 27 May 2014 12:11, Don MacLellan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I installed gnote and it's fine but neither it or tomboy seems to come with
>> a systray icon in a clean install.
>>
>> I did
>>
>> sudo apt-get install libappindicator1
>>
>> and this seemed to make the icon appear in the systray.
>
> I see an indicator for tomboy, but I already have libappindicator1
> installed.  I don't think I installed it manually, so presumably
> something else installed it.

I believe that tomboy depends on the indicator package, so installing
tomboy in a clean system should give you the indicator.  I don't know
anything about gnote but if the indicator does not work then perhaps
that is a packaging bug.

Colin