gnu/Linux, BSD and FLOSS group

andres

Hello,

I believe someone mentioned about having too many or too little LUG in London. So we are thinking of starting a new one in our Hackerspace. Location at the moment will be in Richmond MakerLabs here.

http://wiki.richmondmakerlabs.uk/index.php/Linux,_BSD_and_Open_Source

--
Andres (he/him/his)
Ham United Group

Re: gnu/Linux, BSD and FLOSS group

Alan Pope-2
Hi Andres,

Thanks for the mail.

On 6 September 2016 at 15:17, Andres <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I believe someone mentioned about having too many or too little LUG in
> London. So we are thinking of starting a new one in our Hackerspace.
> Location at the moment will be in Richmond MakerLabs here.

Hah! There have been numerous Linux User Groups in and around London
over the years :)

> http://wiki.richmondmakerlabs.uk/index.php/Linux,_BSD_and_Open_Source

You may want to reach out to the existing groups:-

Lonix - http://www.lonix.org.uk/tnet-cgi/Lonix

And those nearby, as many of their members live or work in London and
surrounding areas:-

Surrey LUG:- http://www.surrey.lug.org.uk/
Hampshire LUG:- http://hantslug.org.uk/

All the best,
Al.

Re: gnu/Linux, BSD and FLOSS group

Jon Spriggs-3
On 6 September 2016 at 15:23, Alan Pope <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hah! There have been numerous Linux User Groups in and around London
> over the years :)
> You may want to reach out to the existing groups:-

There's also the "Brixton Linux Action Group" [1] (who I discovered this evening while poking around the lug.org.uk list-of-lugs and trying to bring it up to date - and yes, I spotted the broken mail link you mention on your wiki page)

[1] www.communitytechnology.org.uk/linux/

Hope that helps!

--
Jon "The Nice Guy" Spriggs