i need some help

Stephen Newman
can someone in the usa help me with kubuntu 10.04 and trying it without installing it first, i mean i reather talk on a phone as i am doing it so can someone agree to helping me?

Re: i need some help

Eric Jackson-5
On 11/07/2010 07:17 AM, Stephen Newman wrote:
can someone in the usa help me with kubuntu 10.04 and trying it without installing it first, i mean i reather talk on a phone as i am doing it so can someone agree to helping me?

If you have a live CD you just put it in the drive and boot up your computer. A live CD will let you look at Kubuntu without installing it. It then gives you an option to install it if you want.

When asking for help in a list like this, it's better to use an informative subject instead of I need help. Your subject requires that someone open your email in order to find out what the problems. My guess is that not everyone will do that so you miss out on people who might be able to help you. When I get mail from this list I look at the subject. If the subject is one that interest me or is one I might be able to help someone with, I read it. If not, I don't read it.

Eric Jackson

Re: i need some help

Stephen Newman
i put in the live cd,screen turns white after i click  "try kubuntu w/o installing", thats why i need someone on the phone

[...]

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Re: i need some help

Eric Jackson-5
On 11/07/2010 12:18 PM, Stephen Newman wrote:
i put in the live cd,screen turns white after i click  "try kubuntu w/o installing", thats why i need someone on the phone

One possibility is that your disc is faulty. What's happening with you shouldn't happen. Did you check the disc to make sure it was okay before you tried it? You can go here to check the MD5Sum to see if your disc is okay.  http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu/download

Eric Jackson

Re: i need some help

Stephen Newman
its fine its not faulty

Re: i need some help

Stephen Newman
its fine its not faulty

Re: i need some help

Eric Jackson-5
On 11/07/2010 12:33 PM, Stephen Newman wrote:
its fine its not faulty
I'm sorry. I can't help you. You could try reposting your question rewording it like I suggested before.  For example, "Compaq Presario 3275 won't boot 10.4 live"

If someone is going to be able to help you they will need more information since you say the disc is not faulty. They will probably ask questions about your hardware.

Eric Jackson

Re: i need some help

Stephen Newman
its a compaq presario v2000

Re: i need some help

Ric Moore
On Sun, 2010-11-07 at 09:18 -0800, Stephen Newman wrote:
Please don't top post.

Linux user# 44256

Re: i need some help

Eric Jackson-5
On 11/07/2010 12:45 PM, Stephen Newman wrote:
its a compaq presario v2000
As I said, I was giving an example. I have a Compaq Presario 3275. I had no idea what kind of computer you have. If no one else offers any help, you should try reposting with a different subject.

As someone else mentioned, top posting is frowned upon here.

Eric Jackson